Storm Surge

Marc

Peeking Heights is run very poorly, you simply go round it once, but stop a lot of times whilst people get on and off - quite pointless really.

With regard to Storm surge, either use it to it's full potential or remove it.

Small things like these would make it so much better:

- Spinners on the track to be fixed so the raft actually spins

- Make some attempt to theme it better - start with putting something over the awful frame at the top of the lift hill

- Get a water vaccum to get the water out of the rafts (Like Valhalla at Blackpool)

Obviously I would rather they just removed the horrible thing but if it has to stay they should at least use it properly.

• 4 months later...

Gonna have to bring this topic back up, was it two or three breakdowns yesterday? One was an evacuation from the track itself. I'm not one of the people that constantly slag it off as a ride but even I think its not great. With such poor reliability and with little current success what should be done next? Maybe some tunneling and upgrades could improve it?

Gonna have to bring this topic back up, was it two or three breakdowns yesterday? One was an evacuation from the track itself. I'm not one of the people that constantly slag it off as a ride but even I think its not great. With such poor reliability and with little current success what should be done next? Maybe some tunneling and upgrades could improve it?

There was engineers at the top of the lift hill until about 2:30 today and didn't open until about an hour later. Didn't break down again but the staff did say there was problems with it yesterday.

I think what makes Storm Slurge gain its queues and popularity (if it has any) is due to being on one of the main paths of the park, being the group ride as said, being in the middle of the park as well as having a rather low throughput.

If Storm Surge were to be in a different park location (one less in your face) as well as obtain greater theming, the ride probably wouldn't be shunned as badly by everyone for being an absolute awful ride.

Something I noticed the other day (might be old but meh) - as I walked past it, I noticed the free guns in the extremely long queue line, that used to be by the drop have gone? Mixed with the fact the yellow shower nor water cannons ever seem to be on, makes it a pretty dry ride now IMO.

Equally, I will confess I don't mind Storm Surge, although I wouldn't queue for it. Equally, it's the only ride I can think of that makes me fear for my life, with the thought of slipping around in a dingy on a high, shallow troth. Yeah. Don't like the thought of that.