THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Oh, Thorpe and B&M, I love you! This looks amazing! Boo to the trim, but I suspect this ride is being designed as a g-monster as well as a soaring experience, so I will respect their judgement for now!As for the track being lowered/removed from the water, I wonder if this is going to be used as part of the viral promotions to back the idea of this rising from the lake or being discovered by Thorpe during park landscaping?!

But what about gas engineers to install fire effects that the ride may or may not feature? That's what I want to know.

I am reluctant to see too many effects go in, as we all know that they are unlikely to be working 6 months after opening!!! lol. But yay for Thorpe for making the effort here so far!

While of course that is a worry, in all fairness; as much as I hate that bumpy cheap Saw thing, it's effects have been pretty good...not amazing, I've ridden it far too many times without effects, but it's certainlly improved than say Inferno.However with Swarm, we can be sure for a mass of effects and due to the scale of the project and it's status amongst theme parks and enthusiasts, I'm pretty confident they can pull it off for the long term, not just press day.

Aren't Thorpe Park tied into a contract where a certain amount of the effects must be working in order for the ride to operate?I for one would love to see the effects for every ride working as intended, and if there are indeed to be gas engineers on site for the swarm maybe they can get the fire ball at tidal wave working again and both rides can share the same gas cylinders! I appreciate that will never happen but meh.

This makes the construction of Saw: the ride look pitiful! I agree The Swarm will look like the most dominating rides in the park; more dominating than Stealth possibly because of its colour scheme??

Definitely a possibility - The Swarms colour scheme will really stand out against the sky and the rest of the park whereas Stealth is often lost due to the fact the top half of it is white and is just not a very 'intimidating' colour. Plus there's the fact The Swarm will do so much more than Stealth in terms of experience - Stealth may have height on it's side but The Swarm has so much more to offer - where else in the park are you going to get ridiculous amounts of hangtime at 120+ ft?

I'd say the reason Swarm will look more intimidating than Stealth is because...it's meant to!Look at Stealth's theme. Quite easily it has the most upbeat theme of any major coaster. The Swarm is meant to be imposing, intimidating, 'scary'. Stealth is meant to be big and fast, yet in a way which seems more like a challenge, something to enjoy. And, of course, the colour schemes (and I'd say even the supports) are a contributing factor to this. :P