THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

To further that, I saw the swarm from the M3, does look amazing, draws attention away from Stealth on the skyline.

Oooh I love little things like being able to see rides from the distance :D I believe we had this conversation in chat room t'other day, about driving to a theme park and seeing rides in the distance etc :oObviously from Chertsey direction, you go over the bridge and see the whole park, but also you can see Stealth when coming from Staines direction, so I wonder if you can see Swarm now from that direction :oJanuary is upon us, hopeully it won't be long before we see these dam trains :o And TESTING :)

Indeed, looking mighty awesome and should be very imposing when it's done! I like the detail on the wood already, and the cracked plaster and exposed brick are looking great. I'm impressed by the crumbling effect at the tops of the walls.It still looks weird though, just having a flat floor with track plonked on top rather than recessed! I mean, who hasn't looked down under the track into the darkness whilst waiting to be dispatched on Saw? ...No...? Just me? Ok :)

Don't get me wrong this looks amazing, but on the middle picture, the track doesn't seem to be finished? Either this was taken before track construction was finished and there is a lot more progress as of now, or the track isn't properly completed (which I highly doubt because RMC are over in Spain now for Shambhala. It could just be the end of some transfer track, but I thought that was to the left of the station from that viewpoint and that does look like the entrance back into the station after the break run... I'm confused o.O

Looks good. Also,

It still looks weird though, just having a flat floor with track plonked on top rather than recessed! I mean, who hasn't looked down under the track into the darkness whilst waiting to be dispatched on Saw? ...No...? Just me? Ok :)

yes, it does look weird, but it has to be like that because the trains are next to the track, not raised above like Furius Baco.Posted ImageFurius BacoPosted ImageRaptor.Granted, it's not a big difference but there is one.

It still looks weird though, just having a flat floor with track plonked on top rather than recessed! I mean, who hasn't looked down under the track into the darkness whilst waiting to be dispatched on Saw? ...No...? Just me? Ok :)

Indeedy, thats something thats lost with the type of train being used. It's very odd to get on the train with the track at the same level as you. Very unique.

Ugh, it's just ridiculous! I'm in love with the scenic work for this ride. It's projects like this that inspire me to become a Scenic Artist. This station could be potentially beautiful and stunning. So far, it is putting every other ride station to shame. Just over 13 weeks until we see the finished thing. :)

Don't get me wrong this looks amazing, but on the middle picture, the track doesn't seem to be finished? Either this was taken before track construction was finished and there is a lot more progress as of now, or the track isn't properly completed (which I highly doubt because RMC are over in Spain now for Shambhala. It could just be the end of some transfer track, but I thought that was to the left of the station from that viewpoint and that does look like the entrance back into the station after the break run... I'm confused o.O

That is because the transfer track has been slid across to the maintenance side. This is a very recent photo.

Obviously from Chertsey direction, you go over the bridge and see the whole park, but also you can see Stealth when coming from Staines direction, so I wonder if you can see Swarm now from that direction :)

On the bridge itself, you don't really get any views of Swarm itself (you can see it, but it's more you have to look out for it, and it's still a 'blink and you'll miss it' moment if you're in a moving vehicle.) However, when you're over the bridge and get the whole view of the park, you can actually see part of the church theming if you look out for it! You can also see it when coming from Staines direction - mainly just the main lift and drop from what I've seen. If you know where to look out for Stealth from that direction, you shouldn't really miss Swarm! :)In general though, I'm impressed (and slightly surprised) at how little impact it makes to surrounding areas. For example, I was expecting to be able to see it on my train route to college (as there's some nice views of Stealth that can be got), but it is literally just a quick glimpse of it (which you have to look out for). So Thorpe should be commended for that I guess!

Well, there's been no construction updates over the past few days, because there's nothing new. No one will post if there's nothing to update after all.It's the Christmas break, workers are probably off till after the New Year. Construction updates will probably happen when...construction is happening?