THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Yeah, I don't see why it would be programmed to stop the train on that top block. Considering there's the transfer block as well as the service and safety blocks, I don't see why you would. I really see it being a hefty trim down to say ~20 mph but not a block stop; there's no need at all.

We're just using Raptor as a basis considering it's the only other ride that we can gain an understanding on for how Swarm will work. You hit that top break on Raptor (yes, the one after the slow inline) and then stop. On every other B&M I've ridden, the train always stops outside the station ready to come in when the train in the station has left. For some reason this doesn't happen on Raptor. Instead the train moves from the top break area, into the bottom at quite a speed, you stop briefly again and then move into the station. This as you can imagine wastes quite a bit of time as by the time you reach the station, the other train has already left the lift hill.Now whether Swarm will work like that considering it seems to have three break areas remains to be seen. Just at the moment, that part of track layout looks very similar to Raptor.As for trims, Superman de Acero and Raptor are notable ones I've ridden where they remain on. They are both excellent though, regardless so it shouldn't effect Swarm's effect hugely.

Posted ImageThose are vans. Considering the plans don't actually include the nose of the plane involved, why would they have one? Just the tail and one side are in the plans, so yeah, it's not the theming.And as said, they won't leave it lying around. Studios are probably still making it.False alarm.

Currently at the park and large supports are going up like crazy. three have been put up in the last hour and half. I have added a photo to Thorpe Park Official on Facebook.

Which supports did you see go up? Were they of the lift hill or the in-line twist section. I went on the thorpe official page on facebook, but no pics are there, of any supports.

Probably the lift hill. I doubt they'd start placing supports and track pieces for the inline twist now because after all, they are very close to the station, which is only in it's skeletal stages as of yet, so bolting tonnes of track into place may make finishing that area of the station quite a task. I reckon they'll start the full circuit now and leave the inline twist till last, because by then the station will have far more structural integrity.

Which supports did you see go up? Were they of the lift hill or the in-line twist section. I went on the thorpe official page on facebook, but no pics are there, of any supports.

It is definately there and have added to thorpe park mania page as well. Looka like the top of lift hill/beginning of inversion

I always thought, from looking at the plans, the lift hill would be the last section up. It kind of cuts straight across the only island exit for all the heavy plant. I assumed they'd start with the station and work their way round anticlockwise so they have full access to whatever they're building and it looks like that is what's happening so far. The larger pieces of theming will probably have to go in at the same time as the relevant track pieces do for the same reason.Cladding/theming the station will not require the heavy plant so could be done later.Building on an island - challenging.

Pluk raises a very valid point, and one that sounds like The Swarm will actually come to fruition that way, with the lift hill being one of the last piece put into place, and the larger themeing/scenery being positioned when the track pieces around said themeing/scenery is being lowered into place. For those who're still having trouble finding the picture of the newly erected support on Facebook:Posted Image

Thanks for the credit but its actually one taken from Stealth platform that I posted to Thorpe park official at about 12ish and thorpe park mania page about 30 min ago. I cannot seem to upload here via iphoneEdit: the photo is present on both pages mebtioned above via the facebook iphone app but when I logged onvthrough safari on my iphone the photo is not there. Strange?!?! It is not as good as the other one posted but I will still upload tonight

Pluk raises a very valid point, and one that sounds like The Swarm will actually come to fruition that way, with the lift hill being one of the last piece put into place, and the larger themeing/scenery being positioned when the track pieces around said themeing/scenery is being lowered into place. For those who're still having trouble finding the picture of the newly erected support on Facebook:Posted Image

So now the entry to the zero G is going in, lovely :) *phew* after all those weeks of looking at mud I'm struggling to keep up with the pace this things going up!

Thanks for the credit but its actually one taken from Stealth platform that I posted to Thorpe park official at about 12ish and thorpe park mania page about 30 min ago. I cannot seem to upload here via iphoneEdit: the photo is present on both pages mebtioned above via the facebook iphone app but when I logged onvthrough safari on my iphone the photo is not there. Strange?!?! It is not as good as the other one posted but I will still upload tonight

My apologies; it does appear to be the only photo I can find on Facebook at the moment. But as said earlier, wait till tonight and there'll be a dozen photos, plus a report from Sheepie :)