THE SWARM: In The Media

Marc

I hope the ride has proper theme music WITHOUT WORDS as that would work best I think.I know I have posted this about 3 weeks ago but I REALLY think that this could work for it, but I am not sure if it is official or not.

http://youtu.be/uhpzDgUgn-4

#I think the different sections show the destruction theme well, what with it being slow then suddenly going fast and I think that the GP would like it. However this would probably only work if they played it in sections only, otherwise it might get boring and annoying if they didn't add anything else to it.

I love the video - exceptionally good.Undecided about the YM@S soundtrack - like others have said it has the potential to be cool but I'm not generally a fan of their music. However, I have enough faith to suspect Thorpe wouldn't spend £20m on a ride and then let a band ruin it with a rubbish soundtrack. I'm hoping it'll sound a bit like something on the slightly heavier side of Force of the Storm / Banner Science Park from the Islands of Adventure soundtrack, which works very well.Imagining chorus screamo line - "THE SWARM IS COMING!" :D PS <3 for the Silver Star song :D

I'm sure there will be a lot more to this soundtrack other than the You Me At Six song and it'll all fit nicely :D@AdamY That chorus screamo line would be AMAZING but they've already confirmed there will be no screaming in this song, although it will still be heavy, like Bite My Tongue:

What if they went for a "End of the World Special Broadcast" style queuline track, like on Tidal Wave?Think Fallout games, only 2012 style. Comission in a few apocalyptic tracks from You Me at Six, mix that in with Experiment 10 and the random "Somethings gone wrong" style, only this time its a news report saying "Stay inside" etc. then as you get closer to the station it begins to play gospel-like music(this imo is a must, as "rock" music playing in a church will destroy that atmosphere) Either that or we'll see something similar to how Daft Punk composed Tron's OST. While there was always that essence of their trademark electro style, they really surprisingly produced some grand tracks no different from a veteran composer.Time will tell though...

What if they went for a "End of the World Special Broadcast" style queuline track, like on Tidal Wave?Think Fallout games, only 2012 style. Comission in a few apocalyptic tracks from You Me at Six, mix that in with Experiment 10 and the random "Somethings gone wrong" style, only this time its a news report saying "Stay inside" etc. then as you get closer to the station it begins to play gospel-like music(this imo is a must, as "rock" music playing in a church will destroy that atmosphere)Either that or we'll see something similar to how Daft Punk composed Tron's OST. While there was always that essence of their trademark electro style, they really surprisingly produced some grand tracks no different from a veteran composer.Time will tell though...

I like the combination you thought of. I always believed Experiment 10 was the unexpected release of The Swarm from containment. Notice how they share the same radioactive sign and word font. If Thorpe can keep the outer area in a sort of brooding and dark theme, it would fit perfectly, as the guests would be standing in a wrecked town without a clue what happened. Then closing into the station, Thorpe must mix in a Gregorian chant with the same previous theme, to show the guests they are standing in the presence of evil. Plus the occasional news broadcasts would work too as there is a news van in the vicinity.

I'm not really sold on the matter here... I mean, to me, parks need relatively unique and work much better with instrumental music than with actual words (of course, in some cases, having actual music DOES work, Amity Cove and Thunder Rock Rally Radio are good examples), but for a post apocalypse feeling?I dunno... Just as well the band isn't particularly what I would have imagined being linked to the ride either... Unless this is just a PR stunt and the music won't actually be played in the area, but rather just sold online and in shops...Mehhhhhhhh... Really not sold on this at all... And I would say that for any band being used for the ride's music... Especially after the epicness of Raptor and Krake's themes...

http://www.thorpepar.../you-me-at-six/

For the launch of Europe’s tallest winged rollercoaster, THE SWARM, we’ve hooked up with British rock band, and self-confessed adrenaline junkies, You Me At Six, to create the world’s first rollercoaster single.

Having been regular THORPE PARK thrill seekers as teenagers, the guys from You Me At Six set about creating a track that lived up to the intensity and awesomeness of the ride its self... The Result… an awesome track being launched by You Me At Six into the charts!

The track will be available on iTunes from the 18th March, so let’s get behind the new ride and You Me At Six and get this rocketing up the charts! Check back soon for more up and coming content from You Me At Six, including an exclusive sneak listen to the track as well as some great video of the ‘Making of THE SWARM track’.

A 'making of' video would be pretty cool :D