The Swarm

JoshC.

And speaking myself from many more times on park (probably) it also happens that they're both on 2 trains frequently from the start. Especially as any engineering schedule would ensure Swarm is at full capacity from the word go as that's the go to ride in the morning for guests.

Well then, would you care to explain to me why, over the past two years, it has been the case at least four times that The Swarm has been on one train until 11am?  With a long queue most times I might add?

many more times on park (probably)

25 times over the last two years is quite a lot I think, how many have you been?

It's been well mentioned on here in the past that Thorpe's maintenance schedule could so with improvements, as it is the case that some coasters start with reduced capacities on more occasions than acceptable (it shouldn't be acceptable in the first place really, but being realistic, budgets and other factors could restrict them).  It's improved a lot over the years, so let's hope it improves all the more. 

There's cases when rides open on full capacity, there's cases when they don't..  I've had a mixture of experiences; more positive than negative.  But let's not turn it into a case of measuring each other's e-penises by throwing around how many times people have been to the park in whatever season; feels unnecessary...

If it has a long queue then they won't just be waiting for fastrack sales as much as you think they are. No Park is perfect, Rita opened on one train two weeks ago and they had til 10 to get that going (not stabbing it just highlighting the point). No it's not brilliant that it ever opens on one train but it does and they do add the second train when it is safely available!

And I've been over 25 times this year CoasterJamie many of those on quieter days where they've still managed to get Swarm open at opening time on 2 trains. Just saying. Not doubting your experiences at all but it's not like that every day.

Id just like to agree with some people here. I visited in peak summer and the only ride which was on 2 trains which I experienced before 11am was stealth. However, I did not ride swarm so can't comment however both nemesis inferno and Colossus were doing a one train operation after the park had opened(9:30-10am). When the park knows that it's going to be busy, I think they should have extension lines opened and rides on full capacity as Colossus was displaying a 15minute queue but was going all the way down to the lost city flats as they hadn't opened the extension. They updated it about an hour later saying 90mins when in reality it was 90 ages before that. I know they do try hard and I'm not trying to put them down I think they just need to have quicker responses to things as queue boards are often wrong and a lot of the time queues are flowing outside of the queue line(extensions are not opened) as well as coasters not being on the capacity they should be on.

PS: I also visited the week before when it was super busy and when we were in the nemesis inferno station at 10:15 they finally decided to add the second train adding a good 10/15mins to our wait. It should have been added at park opening as there was a decent sized queue starting to form behind us.

Although it doesn't take all the engineers on Park to fix Saw. Not even all the engineers are trained to deal with Saw! So there will still have been plenty engineers to add the second train to Inferno and Swarm. Those trains just obviously had issues that morning. Wouldn't be good to have all your engineers at one ride! Especially as it only takes one or two engineers to look over a train and Green card it.

If it has a long queue then they won't just be waiting for fastrack sales as much as you think they are. No Park is perfect, Rita opened on one train two weeks ago and they had til 10 to get that going (not stabbing it just highlighting the point). No it's not brilliant that it ever opens on one train but it does and they do add the second train when it is safely available!

And I've been over 25 times this year CoasterJamie many of those on quieter days where they've still managed to get Swarm open at opening time on 2 trains. Just saying. Not doubting your experiences at all but it's not like that every day.

Well in that case I am very jealous of how often you get to Thorpe!  And I don't think I ever said that it was like that every day, don't put words in my mouth.

Even so 4 times out of the 200 days or so Thorpe is open a year isn't that much.

Things happen. To be honest sometimes I'd love to put people in the mechanics shoes and see how well they do.

We could just go to Alton and see Nemesis on two trains at 9am every single day of the season to see it can be done with the Merlin machine.

We could just go to Alton and see Nemesis on two trains at 9am every single day of the season to see it can be done with the Merlin machine.

Even Heide could manage two trains on things (apart from the things that either cannot run 2 trains or can run more than that) from opening... Thorpe's maintenance budget being low is a pitiful excuse for a major theme park...

Was 15 seconds on Saturday. They even dispatched a couple of trains as the other one was going through the twist over the station. Inferno, on the other hand was pretty dire. 70 minute queue, and the team weren't exactly rushing. Stealth team were pretty good.

I thought they can't dispatch it until it hits the breaks? The Swarm and Stealth are the same team I think so would make sense if Stealth was good as well. 

The Swarm/Stealth team have defiantly been great this year in terms of dispatches.

I thought they can't dispatch it until it hits the breaks? The Swarm and Stealth are the same team I think so would make sense if Stealth was good as well. 

The Swarm/Stealth team have defiantly been great this year in terms of dispatches.

I could be wrong here, but I believe they can dispatch it before the other train hits the breakrun but the train will crawl up the lift quite slowly until the other train has hit the breaks, it sometimes stops on the lifthill for a few seconds if dispatched very early. (I think)

On Swarm they can pretty much send it the second it's ready as the lift hill adjusts its speed to the other train so it doesn't have to stop at the top. 

And it does make operations better! The other train is at the top of the lift nearly when the train comes into the station giving them less time to load that one if they want to send it quick again so in the long run it's much better! If people are getting on quickly and it's ready to go you might as well dispatch it, not much point in waiting around.