The Swarm

JoshC.

Its to do with the engineers schedule. More often than not they have to move on without the 2nd train loaded and return later to add it back on.

If this is the case, perhaps Thorpe needs to look into improving the engineer situation to ensure that they can begin the day suitably prepared for the crowds, instead of having to delay queues as they do currently...

They also do it on nemesis inferno as well because they run out of time. They should have got some time back in their schedule because they no longer need to get slammer working by 9:30 anymore. The engineers schedule is to have all rides open on full capacity by 10 (except slammer which is now 11) however as the park now opens at 9:15 they sometimes have to skip the 2nd train first time round.

They also do it on nemesis inferno as well because they run out of time. They should have got some time back in their schedule because they no longer need to get slammer working by 9:30 anymore. The engineers schedule is to have all rides open on full capacity by 10 (except slammer which is now 11) however as the park now opens at 9:15 they sometimes have to skip the 2nd train first time round.

Europa Park can get 3 trains ready for Blue Fire for 8:30am, why can't Thorpe expand their budget to ensure that their guests can have full capacity rides first thing in the morning?

Europa Park can get 3 trains ready for Blue Fire for 8:30am, why can't Thorpe expand their budget to ensure that their guests can have full capacity rides first thing in the morning?

Silly question Benin, Europa Park just care that much more about the guest experience then the majority of the parks out there. Common knowledge surely ;)

Is there any difference to where you sit (inside or outside)? Because while I notice that on the outside you get more sidewind, one of my friends thinks there's more g-force felt on the inside! KInda matters to me where I sit, because no one on the inside likes to try and extend their legs a little...only to hit their shins against that barrier! :P

Edited by Tommy
'because' - No text language please

Cant be done in 15 seconds. I know the ride host your on about because he was saying they were going to launch in 15 seconds with or without you. Swarm and loading isn't essential to be quick as the throughput is easy to achieve because of the dispatch interval is quite large.

Isn't essential to be quick? How would it not be? No, it isn't too difficult to get 1000 an hour on Swarm. But by being speedy (consistently sending trains before the second reaches the magnetic brakes, which requires 25/30ish second checks from every host and the operator) you can get 1200+, so why would you not try and push it?

Isn't essential to be quick? How would it not be? No, it isn't too difficult to get 1000 an hour on Swarm. But by being speedy (consistently sending trains before the second reaches the magnetic brakes, which requires 25/30ish second checks from every host and the operator) you can get 1200+, so why would you not try and push it?

I more meant in the terms that you don't need to be as quick as stealth with ride hosts running down the station. Yes they should be fast but they don't need to be running and trying to get 15 seconds.

I more meant in the terms that you don't need to be as quick as stealth with ride hosts running down the station. Yes they should be fast but they don't need to be running and trying to get 15 seconds.

True that the running isn't essential, but it only happens on Stealth because the hosts have the ability to do so. On Swarm the speed and awareness is still necessary to make up for the amount of extra hold ups that happen in the station compared to Stealth; Guests being too big more often, guests struggling to get in the seats, guests still standing in the station when a train is ready, guests walking up the exit, wheelchair guests holding up the gates being opened etc...

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Thorpe Park yesterday and was in the queue-line at about 10.15-10.30ish when they announced that there was a technical problem and that SWARM wasn't running.  They announced mechanics were on their way.  Swarm didn't run for at least 20 minutes, as I waited and then went off to do something else.  That may be why they ran on one train for a while as they were resolving a problem with the other.

This starting on one train stuff is rubbish! Especially as the engineers have certain rides that they work on and one of them works on Swarm and Nemesis. Therefore at least one of them will be on 2 trains from the start assuming the train is ready to go. Like the other day, Inferno was ready at 9 with two trains. Swarm was also on two trains at 9:15 that same morning. The schedule is only affected if they find problems. Yesterday will have been a problem with one of the trains found in the morning that's why it will have been on one train.

This starting on one train stuff is rubbish! Especially as the engineers have certain rides that they work on and one of them works on Swarm and Nemesis. Therefore at least one of them will be on 2 trains from the start assuming the train is ready to go. Like the other day, Inferno was ready at 9 with two trains. Swarm was also on two trains at 9:15 that same morning. The schedule is only affected if they find problems. Yesterday will have been a problem with one of the trains found in the morning that's why it will have been on one train.

Speaking from a lot of times at the park, I can assure you that it does happen frequently.