The Swarm

JoshC.

Would be better going off when the riders are going through the helix bit tbh...

MUST TRY HARDER THORPE!!!

Yes I'm being sarcastic, in a way, I do think it would work better potentially going off through the helix, but I doubt H&S would agree with me... Just hope they can keep it operational with the rest of the effects..

Would be better going off when the riders are going through the helix bit tbh...

I wonder if this was the original plan, but they realised it was just too hard to achieve safely / H&S denied it? Would explain the long delay in having it become operational and the H&S troubles they had..

THE SWARM is now the complete package with its LEDs and immersive theming. People are loving the new ambulance theming and many were having pictures taken with it either holding it up or about to be crushed yesterday. Typical that the fire wasn't working yesterday when I was there but at least it is working (for now anyway). Now we know the fire has been signed over to Thorpe I look forward to Fright Nights even more as THE SWARMs island will should look insanely awesome :D

yay I'm going tomorrow so I'll report on how it looks looks and feels unless it breaks down after a day being and thorpe park thats 50/50 chance :( . Honestly one day all the effects will work at same time hopefully for me it will tomorrow !!! :D

We all hope for that! We shouldnt have to hope though to be fair! It should just happen.

I agree - very film-trailer like!

I do love that advert; would've been great if Thorpe released it online or as part of the on ride DVD (say a pre story before the footage of people onride). Also interesting to see how 'machine-like' The Swarm look in that advert, which is was originally planned.

Thanks for sharing Liam! :)

Thanks for the fire videos Jonny392 and steano! :D

It looks pretty awesome, and I love how after it goes off you hear the people on the train scream :P

Now, how long until people complain about the smoke that rises being dangerous incase they breathe it in or something daft :rolleyes:

I went on the swarm 3 times today, 2 of the 3 times the fire didn't actually ignite the gas. This proves the effect is going to be very unreliable as it is struggling from new. The 3rd time the fire did ignite and it was AWESOME but doesn't affect the ride as much as I thought, overall the ride experience it generally the same with or without fire.

The 3rd time the fire did ignite and it was AWESOME but doesn't affect the ride as much as I thought, overall the ride experience it generally the same with or without fire.

Did you think it was meant to burn everyone on the ride then? :P

In my opinion it is there to affect the guest experience of people walking around the area more so than those on it. Most people I saw walk by inlcuding my self stopped to look and chatted about it amongst each other.

The fire effect is amazing!

It was having quite a bit of problem not going off properly today though - I'd say about 30% no fire ball. When the flame doesn't catch properly the area absolutely stinks!

Hopefully the park can keep the effect running (assuming it is financially viable & environmentally ok). The heat produced is incredible and it was catching a lot of people off guard. Highlight was a young lady jumping out of her skin in the queue line when it went off. Looking down on the massive fire ball while upside down on the ride is incredible, well done Thorpe!

Now...if we can just get the two water splashes working too...

Looks pretty cool. Now lets just hope they stick to what they said they were going to do and reinstate the tidal wave effect. I think that would shock people the most as the effect has been off for years now and would really catch people unexpectedly.