2013 Changes

daboywunda

Sorry to be annoying and a party pooper here but isnt this topic getting a little bit side tracked now and possibly should even be archived as it is 80% confirmed there is no new ride for Thorpe in 2013 unless Vengance does make the highly rumoured move.

You are right it has wandered well of topic. Still leave it open though, we don't know if there is anything or not and the strongest rumour is a 'new' X. That's where my money is.

I heard the CCR rumour too. So it should return to be honest. It's not like they'd remove all the track and trains if they close it anyway. So why have it sitting there rotting away? If they care about the park, which I assume they do, then it ought to run. No matter how hard they try to get kids to NOT visit, the bottom line is - some will still do!

:)

I did read a website which said Vengance 5D was being move to thorpe park but who knows? The move would only take place after xmas if it was happening! Also because of the low capacity they may make it(if it is moving) a pay attraction like the passing was. Even then it would still generate queues but maybe something like annual pass holders would go free!?

P.s my Merlin annual pass voucher just arrived :)

I heard the CCR rumour too. So it should return to be honest. It's not like they'd remove all the track and trains if they close it anyway. So why have it sitting there rotting away? If they care about the park, which I assume they do, then it ought to run. No matter how hard they try to get kids to NOT visit, the bottom line is - some will still do!

:)

As for this... what is the point of removing it for 2012 and then replacing it? Yes it's good for people to relax on and all that but I'm wondering why the removed it in the first place?

As for this... what is the point of removing it for 2012 and then replacing it? Yes it's good for people to relax on and all that but I'm wondering why the removed it in the first place?

Possibly like they did with the flying fish? They can say "oh it's back by popular demand" and not have to worry about investing a load of money in a new ride. While with Fish, they did replace the track but other than putting in a bit of themeing and cleaning up the bears, I don't see what else they can do...

I too have heard the CCR rumour as I said to a few people last night; I just took it with a pinch of salt until others had heard it too.

I think it would be a great idea to bring it back; as kids or no kids, everybody needs a calmer ride after food or for a short break from the thrills and I think the park may have realised this; plus the fact the atmosphere isn't the same in Canada Creek without it.

Maybe they'll forever take a ride down one year, re-open it the next, and then advertise it as 'back' and 'new' :P

But yeah, I did love the railway. If they gave it a spruce up and re-did the Loggers tunnel too, it'd be fairly nice in that area. Maybe the new Logger's tunnel could have the railway going through it?

Thorpe following in Alton's footsteps with U-turn decisions?

I wouldn't complain one bit about this, but makes you wonder about the decision to remove it in the first place really if this is true.

Next year is certainly looking interesting in my eyes, with perhaps some decent spruce-ups of rides and such. I wonder if we'll see a slightly bigger focus on targeting 'up for it' families like was mentioned in the Crash Pad PR as well, considering it seems to be a quiet year on the thrill front?

CCR should return for the younger people, it's not going to be a crowd puller, but its a granny ride which you can do after food or if the other rides are too busy.

As for paying for Vengeance, no chance, its an OK ride, but there is no way I would pay for it or queue 30 mins for it, so TP will need to be careful as if they become greedy and go outside of the "One price entry for all rides" then this will flop and all what will happen is we will loose the ride.

Tommy is technically correct; there is a small cut in the track which leads to Loggers' tunnel, however the main route of the CCR track is to the left of SAW's airtime hill (between the airtime and the MCBR if you may) and the Loggers tunnel is to the right of the airtime and photo point if that makes sense...?

It's just about visible on Google Maps.

Sometimes it's better to think about things logically...

Let's look at what turning Swarm backwards would mean...

• Make it more intense, but isn't the point of NWO going forward to LIMIT the vomit? Surely a backwards Swarm would be WORSE?
  • Extra stress and strain added onto the trains - Clearly not designed to go backwards is it? Even the most minimal change in shape, size or weight distrubition can have a knock-on effect...
  • Change of track shape probably required - Taking Disney Paris as a guide here, when they retrofitted Indiana Jones, they had to change the banking of the track to compensate for many factors, wonder how much that would cost on a B&M...
  • Guest Experience - Surely this is a given here, whilst backwards rides have been done (NWO, Indiana Jones, El Diablo, Superman/Tower of Terror) there is a distinct trend there in that these rides are either family level coasters, or go in a straight line... Indiana Jones was also quite low on the customer satisfaction scale after a while, hence it's now forwards (same for El Diablo)...
  • B&M - This is the most important one, would B&M condone this? I highly doubt it for a company who don't even do launches... They have a very set way of ride construction, and I doubt they would agree to Thorpe doing this...

Quite frankly, I think it's the stupidest rumour I've heard in a long, long time... Especially when putting my enthusiast and engineer hat on... It makes little sense beyond the "We need a gimmick to get people in" point of thinking... Logistically it's poor (and I haven't even mentioned how the queue could be done)...

It just won't happen... Simple as...