2013 Changes

daboywunda

There are currently plans for a new 2013 ride by the sounds of it!

Taken from the THORPE PARK OFFICIAL facebook page,

Sophiiee Gellender

I'm a little disappointed Thorpe so wondered if you could help me out...you see around this time in the year you're usually well and truly promoting and advertising the next new ride, in this case for 2013, but for some reason there has been no advertising this year when, as far as I knew, I thought the plan would be to build 1 ride minimum per year, and when it wasn't a coaster, you'd put some form of flat ride in to keep interest in the park? Is there going to be a new attraction next year or are you sticking with the same old? Which are brilliant but some are dated and need to be brought back to life a bit-presentation wise and mechanically (lots of down time :( ) please help me understand this as I know many Thorpe Park fans wanting to know the answer to the same question :) Thanks :) xxxx

Like · · 7 hours ago near Sutton Scotney, United Kingdom <p>

• Chris Richards, Ley Kimber and Emily 'nugget' Dowling like this.

• Posted Image

THORPE PARK Official We've got lots planned for next year Sophiiee, all will be revealed soon.... ;)

3 hours ago · Like · 3

Apart from the Swarm and I can't fault what they have done there, Thorpe just doesn't seem to get the money spent on it.

Got to disagree with this, compare thorpes investments to the others over the last 10 years there Way ahead in that terms and would probably be no less that.

Let's be honest, there isn't going to be a new major attraction next year, the most we will get is a flat rid. But I hope they will refurbish the whole park. They should give al the rides a fresh cost of paint, retheme some of the dated rides and replace some rides with newer models eg. Detonator, x no way out and vortex

there's nothing wrong with Detonator or Vortex as they are very reliable compared to Samurai, Slammer and rush but I agree with X but I very much doubt they will do anything with it, as outdated the ride is it still brings in quite a strong crowd but its very unlikely they'd change it. With paint I'd like it but I doubt it again :(

Let's be honest, there isn't going to be a new major attraction next year, the most we will get is a flat rid. But I hope they will refurbish the whole park. They should give al the rides a fresh cost of paint, retheme some of the dated rides and replace some rides with newer models eg. Detonator, x no way out and vortex

Erm, no, this will never happen and has never happened in any theme park...

I'd imagine Thorpe will focus a lot of tension onto The Snooze Box. How can they market that and a new ride, as well as The Swarm properly at the same time? I'd personally like to see some much needed refurbishment/touching up around the park, especially on Colossus! Nothing that hasn't been said before, but my personal opinion :P

Agree with pretty much all of this, we've had enough new attractions lately compared to most parks, so I wanna see Thorpe cleaning some rides and themeing up. Priorities: Colossus' track, do anything to X, I don't care, just add some sort of themeing, heck change the theme if you want to. I also would like some touching up on Inferno's tunnel (nothing wrong with the station), bring back the effects and add some lava please Thorpe?

Thank you.

Agree with pretty much all of this, we've had enough new attractions lately compared to most parks, so I wanna see Thorpe cleaning some rides and themeing up. Priorities: Colossus' track, do anything to X, I don't care, just add some sort of themeing, heck change the theme if you want to. I also would like some touching up on Inferno's tunnel (nothing wrong with the station), bring back the effects and add some lava please Thorpe?

Thank you.

This is such a timeless post, I can remember myself reading it every year since 2007.