2013 Changes

daboywunda

Why? It's not open season yet, it's not as though people are going today EXPECTING X to be open... It will most likely be present on the website from March 14th.

I know they might nearer the time, but if someone wanted to go on it and was planning a trip they might wait until after it reopens, which they couldn't do if Thorpe didn't make the information public until too close to the time. (Not everyone hates it you know! I for one quite enjoy it, so do my friends and we're all major thrill seekers.)

http://www.thorpepark.com/plan-your-visit/park-map.aspx

The new map for this season has been released. Things I've noticed:

-X:\No Way Out is now simply called X, and is now Thrilling and Fun. Seemingly not marketed as new though.

-Saw Alive no longer features on the map.

-Bigger emphasis on the arena.

-More emphasis on partying in the dome.

-Crash Pad looking Crash Paddy..

-ORPs no longer on Detonator. Not that they were popular anyway.

Shame to see they've stuck with the same style yet again.

X, I quite like it really, simple and thats what most people called it anyway :P

Also like the heavy feauture of the Arena other than it just being a small space with Arena written over it.

If the map is anything to go by (which is usually isn't) the body shells on the train for The Swarm won't be turned around which I hope is the final outcome. Glad to see they also added someone being sick going backwards, nice and truthful ;)

I wonder what Thorpe will do with that expanse of space where SAW Alive was (still is?) for the 2013 season - my guess is absolutely naff all.

"What's that queue line fencing over there for?"

"Oh, nothing whatsoever"

I'm sure Thorpe have removed all traces of Canada Creek railway for 2013 too!

Also - does anyone think the professor/scientist character outside X with the alien/robot chasing him has any relevance to the retheme...? ;)

If you ask me, they were going to refurb X but for whatever unknown reason, they decided to pull out at the last minute. Such a shame if this is the case. I was looking forward to seeing what had changed.

As for the slight name change, at least people can't call it X:WTF anymore..

Why do people suddenly think that no work is going on in X? I thought with the sudden change of name people would think more than ever before there would be some sort of refurb at least.

Exactly, I don't see why they would've changed/shortened the name for no apparent reason if nothing's been changed. Could be wrong.

Hopefully, but lets be honest, if it was anything worthwhile they would have given it some sort press release or anything by now. The only thing they seem to be advertising is the Crash Pad and riding the Swarm backwards.

Maybe they switched round the trains hence why it is in the 'thrilling and fun' section, but beyond that I'm not expecting much.

I would love to be proved wrong.

Hopefully, but lets be honest, if it was anything worthwhile they would have given it some sort press release or anything by now. The only thing they seem to be advertising is the Crash Pad and riding the Swarm backwards.

Maybe they switched round the trains hence why it is in the 'thrilling and fun' section, but beyond that I'm not expecting much.

I would love to be proved wrong.

I think the trains are switched around otherwise they would probably leave it as 'no way out' would be interesting to see what they have done to it, maybe it is not in the dark any more?

As for the map, there seems to be lots more people partying around the arena and the dome- I hope this means we will have more events going on throughout the year(and days) hopefully. Maybe some sort of show there?

I hope they do something with saw alive this year, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a picnic area etc. however if the queue line is still there I will be extremely disappointed- it would just go to show how thorpe don't really bother about their park. I might be proved wrong on this though...

I wouldn't be surprised to find a fastrack unit where saw alive was!!

I really do wish that thorpe could theme a ride (like Saw) but actually theme it with a constant existing theme rather than somthing that will tire out

in a matter of years (like Six Flags with DC).

DC Comics will tire out in a matter of years?

Nah, been around for years, will always be popular... Right about Saw though (And Ice Age, and Shrek, and every other IP Merlin get)...

As for the map, it still looks crap...