2013 Changes

daboywunda

Actually the website just says the swarm HAS mutated. So I think it will still be called the swarm...

I am actually excited about this, I have never been on a backwards rollercoaster with inversions so this should be good :)

The only problem is everyone will be queueing for back row meaning that you will have to wait for ages to get on or you can buy a back row fastrack for £8! YEY!

When I visit on an empty day(hopefully) this year, I still think that the swarm will have a long queue but life goes on. I really wanna go in the very back row because you will be able to see where your going, but backwards! I am so excited for the swarm!

I love how this has COMPLETELY overshadowed The Smiler's Name reveal. This act of so called desperation has got all of us talking so thorpe got the publicity it wanted and now the GP who have seen this will now want to ride it. Yes the queue system will probably be a nightmare but this gimmick almost certainly means more Dosh for Thorpe. Hopefully thorpe would have known Enthusiasts would disapprove so they will try and make it the best experience they've created so far... Even though the main reason behind it was to bring more customers in.

Be dragged backwards into a blind 127ft drop before hurtling through the wasted landscape in a series of gut-wrenching near misses, including, new for 2013, the mangled metal of a devastated billboard.

It is definitely a 'brand new' piece of theming!

I don't quite get why people have said that that is redundant though? 5/7 of the train will still see it, and it will no doubt help add to the overall atmosphere and visual impact of the ride. How can that be redundant?

Its good that they are adding to the theming but never in a million years did I think that a mangled billboard was going to even be publicised as a "new addition" for 2013. It just makes them sound like they are really clutching at straws here... I mean really they added a new water pump fountain (which didn't last long) onto Rumba Rapids, where was the "new for this season" advertising for that? And then when they changed the Vortex restraints to blue; such missed advertising revenue there ;)

X No Way Out will be running forwards this year according to Wikipedia take a look it saysThorpe Park confirmed that X:\No Way Out would run with the trains facing forward for the 2013 season http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X:%5C_No_Way_Out

Only thing with using Wikipedia as a source is that I could edit the page to say it'll be running sidewards and upside down, then we'd be talking about that.