2013 Changes

daboywunda

They are, Fred is mistaken.

It stands for Amusement Device Inspection Procedures Scheme, so dont tell me nobody knows what it means. I would guess I know a little more about the industry than you do thats all.

Ash

Hmmm, whilst it is one word against the other, I'm sure Fred would actually know about the inner workings of Legoland and Towers (especially Towers) quite well...

Just a thought since you're throwing the old "I DO know better than you" card around...

Hmmm, whilst it is one word against the other, I'm sure Fred would actually know about the inner workings of Legoland and Towers (especially Towers) quite well...

Just a thought since you're throwing the old "I DO know better than you" card around...

I've missed this forum... just a little bit ;)

I've mainly seen the tax-disc style licence on flat rides: Vortex, Zodiac, Samurai, Slammer, Teacups, Black Buccaneer, Rameses, Peeking Heights, Kobra and probably some at Alton Towers which I can't think of right now. I think I've also spotted it on the control cabin windows of Colossus and Inferno.

From what I've seen from the updates, I'm going to seem like a negative nancy but just have to express my views.

- The Swarm's new theming I think looks great and really adds to the ride, it's also nice to see the fire going off. It looks like from the photo's they've sorted the queue system out somewhat but can't tell entirely.

- The bridge to the Crash Pad looks awful, the colour scheme is, awful and the actual crash pad it self looks, awful.

- It's nice to see they've given some updates to Inferno with the lights and with all the mist and also repainted the Stealth bunny hop. However, I'm still hoping for the proposed theming which was never implemented.

- Colossus, still hasn't got a repaint and I'm fuming.

- Loggers Leap looks horrendous and the lack of the tunnel completely takes away from the experience.

Hopefully the work on X will be promising.

I just don't see why we should have to settle for something to compensate for other good they've done. Yeah it often arises 'enthusiasts are never happy' but when a NEW attraction doesn't really need (in my opinion) the additional budget for extra theming and the cost to reverse the seats, it could've been put use elsewhere to maintain the atmosphere of the park. And, if they had maintained the tunnel and the rest of the park continually rather than just leaving them, we wouldn't be moaning in the fun place. Thorpe is meant to be a theme park, not a funfair.

They haven't changed the new notice boards outside x

An image of the theatre has just been posted on the live feed. So... what exactly has been changed? Everything looks exactly the same, from the canon impact still on the walls to the peeling paint. Have they removed the queueline or something?

The paving looks doggy as well outside the theater. well at least Depth Charge has got new red boats instead of those ps2 need for speed ones.

I like what they've done to Swarm and Inferno but am bitterly disapointed with the neglect of Loggers and Colossus. They can repaint part of Stealth but let Colossus' rot for another season.

As much as I would love to agree with you that they have let Colossus to rot, I feel the fact that Colossus isn't having a reprint adds to the themeing! Colossus is meant to be in the lost city, so why not give it the lost and neglected themeing? It is meant to be an acient ride so I think they are actually trying to improve it by not repainting...

As for loggers, I am so disappointed, the tunnel has gone and it looks AWFUL! I don't see how they can remove half the tunnel and then just have the other half sitting there, surely it makes loggers look stupid?

As much as I would love to agree with you that they have let Colossus to rot, I feel the fact that Colossus isn't having a reprint adds to the themeing! Colossus is meant to be in the lost city, so why not give it the lost and neglected themeing? It is meant to be an acient ride so I think they are actually trying to improve it by not repainting...

As for loggers, I am so disappointed, the tunnel has gone and it looks AWFUL! I don't see how they can remove half the tunnel and then just have the other half sitting there, surely it makes loggers look stupid?

And I suppose a rough headbanging represents the destruction of the city as well?

When you count oily, dirty track as "theming", it's time to give up being a theme park and just stick to fairground rides.

Really, Colossus looks offensive and far from "lost" in its current state. People are going to look at it and think "yuck", not "Oh, great theming! I really feel like I'm in a lost Aztecan city!"

from what ive seen in the live feed so far thorpe have done themselves proud with the area around swarm, love the new billboard and fire effects then there is nemesis inferno with the mist now up and running again and then there is the rest of the park which has seen a nice tidy up, but then we come to loggers and Colossus which I'm far from impressed with, yes the rest of the park looks great but surely there cant be any excuse for this, this is where thorpe shoot themselves in the foot, just not good enough if you ask me, they have had the whole of the closed season to fix this and nothing has been done, and yes I can understand the budget etc but they could have done a better job, lets just hope we have a surprise waiting for us when x opens

A point of contention. When was a Colossus repaint ever on the agenda? There's a lot of outrage against something that was never rumoured about, never promised. I see a whole heap of rides that desperately need attention, some far more then Colossus such as Tidal Wave, Vampire and Nemesis, the list goes on but it always comes down to Colossus.

We asked about Colossus being repainted at last years ERT event and they said they would love to do it but would people come for a new (read marketable) ride or to see Colossus back in bright blue and yellow?

Oblivion took 15 years for its repaint and that is solely down to The Smiler next door, it might take something of that size for Colossus to get its proper refurbishment.

A point of contention. When was a Colossus repaint ever on the agenda? There's a lot of outrage against something that was never rumoured about, never promised. I see a whole heap of rides that desperately need attention, some far more then Colossus such as Tidal Wave, Vampire and Nemesis, the list goes on but it always comes down to Colossus.

We asked about Colossus being repainted at last years ERT event and they said they would love to do it but would people come for a new (read marketable) ride or to see Colossus back in bright blue and yellow?

Oblivion took 15 years for its repaint and that is solely down to The Smiler next door, it might take something of that size foBr Colossus to get its proper refurbishment.

But if we refer to the questions posed to Thorpe Park, they stated SWARM would NEVER run backwards as it would take away from the experience. So, surely if they can back-pedal on things like this, couldn't it possibly be on the cards? The ride is so rough and looks horrible, it's not as enjoyable as it once was which is why I think it needs the refurb. I'd love a refurb for Tidal Wave, nothing came about with the fireball (or that know of) despite Thorpe suggesting it may return, however, I don't get off Tidal Wave with a headache, I end up drenched, as expected. There's a LOT of rides that need some TLC, if they hadn't let the rides get in the state they are in the first place or set aside a budget for renovation of rides specifically maybe I wouldn't be so annoyed.

Plus, adding a gimmick to a relatively new ride is supposedly going to restore the gate figures but it shouldn't be just dependent on one ride, Swarm is great through and through, one of the best overall rides at Thorpe. I repeat it a lot and it must be getting a little grating, but personally, I'd rather go to a park where it seems the park is actually cared for it's infrastructure, rather than looking in a sorry state and run down aside from new additions.

Oblivion took 15 years for its repaint and that is solely down to The Smiler next door, it might take something of that size for Colossus to get its proper refurbishment.

Very good points you raise there Mark.

When I hinted towards to need of a Colossus repaint, it was more in relation to the fact that other parts of the park (Stealth's airtime hill, the buildings by Detonator, etc.) have received repaints. Whilst this is good - little touches like these are what improve parks - I can't help but feel that Colossus out of all of Thorpe's rides needs a repaint. Whilst I wouldn't put it at the top of my list for Merlin rides (RMT at Chessie, Vampire, Nemesis to name a couple), Colossus needs it the most out of all the Thorpe rides, closely followed by Rumba and Tidal Wave. Personally, I'd prefer that the bigger things are sorted out before the little things.

But as you say, a repaint isn't enough to draw in the crowds, and a repaint of Colossus is no doubt very expensive, whilst some of the smaller touches we are seeing are cheaper and probably easier to do. Would a good clean of Colossus perhaps help give the ride a fresher look at a smaller cost?

I'm not annoyed by the lack of Colossus repaint, just think it's something that needs to be done more than other things.

I know the change of the name has been hinted... but we now have conformation that 'X' won't be opening for the start of the season, which leads to basically confirming that something is being changed.

Comments from a status of Thorpe on facebook...

Martin Cooper Looking at a few live streams from today, X doesn't look like it will be open tomorrow. Please prove me wrong Thorpe, as I'd love to see what has changed with the ride!

THORPE PARK Official Hi Martin, we are working hard to get X ready for opening later in Spring - watch this space as we will bring you all the news of the changes soon