2013 Changes

daboywunda

I hope they do something with saw alive this year, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a picnic area etc. however if the queue line is still there I will be extremely disappointed- it would just go to show how thorpe don't really bother about their park. I might be proved wrong on this though...

I wouldn't be surprised to find a fastrack unit where saw alive was!!

I'm quite sure the queue line (and boat) will be sitting there looking abandoned all year ready for fright nights. Shoddy.

Whilst I agree with people, the map isnt fantastic at helping people find their way round, the majority of the GP must like it as weve had this style for a while, and if it was something what generated complaints I'm sure it would be looked at!

It's not as though it can be flat packed and hidden away or anything but you know....

Where do you suppose they store a giant boat?

Pluk is exactly right, the saw alive building needs to have something in it and it needs to be opened, on the map!

They cannot leave it there until fright nights- it just makes the area look worse with random queue line fencing. I really wonder what thorpe are up to, they leave empty attractions around the park for people just to look at, if thorpe had any sense they would make use of the space or replace it with some scenery or a shop!

I like thorpe but they seem to be going in the opposite direction...

I hope in future years they reopen CCR, place something in the funnel safari area, put a show in the pirates 4D and have a new attraction where saw alive is- at the moment thorpe just want to leave them to rot! I wouldn't actually mind a year, maybe next, where the park just gets done up and maybe these attractions are replaced etc. because at the moment thorpe seems to be quite a shoddy place...

Hmm depends how you look at is :S

The year Fungle shut (2009) we got a huge investment in Saw The Ride, the year TV, CCR and to some degree Saw Alive shut we got The Swarm.

You say you wouldnt mind if next year the park gets done up (it does every year, maybe we should wait and see whats happend this year?) and replace these attractions, I cant see them getting 3/4 attractions in a year to replace the ones which are closed.

What does bother me is how things like Fungle were just left (which was slightly improved by building a fence infront of it!) I'm not too sure where they can go with Saw Alive, its a good thing to have at Fright Nights so theres not much they can do to hide it over the season, its a shame its not nearer saw as it would make an awesome walk through addon to the queue line!

I hope in future years they reopen CCR

Me too. Although despite them saying it closed due to running costs, I do find it strange that nothing was touched last season. If the ride is still there this year, complete with track, LC barriers and shed still full of the trains, then surely one would think logistically they have some plan for it.

(I know this sounds slightly contradictory as the Fungle track is still there and there aren't plans to reopen that)

Also a shame they removed all the track adjacent to Monks Walk as they could have used it as a transport link from Canada Creek to the island next to Swarm's when it is used in a few of years time for the next coaster.

Other ways round the running costs could have been to only dispatch half hourly rather than every tenish minutes. They could have gone back to operating with the original 5 carriages to increase capacity for when it did a half hourly cycle. A lot of money would have been saved there on diesel costs.

This is my point though- if thorpe don't want to keep their rides why don't they remove them altogether? Whati don't understand is why they literally leave the rides there to rot over the seasons...

And yes, I do know thorpe gets done up but it always seems a bit scruffy if you know what I mean, most of the coasters need repaints etc...

My guess is they will put massive barriers up by saw alive saying "returning for fright nights" or something which will be advertising for this years fright nights event. To be honest, I can't see them doing anything else with it this year! In 2014/2015 I hope it is replaced and a good ride/attraction will be added to fit the theme of what is currently saw the ride.

Its not just a thorpe thing, Merlin seem to like it and rides will remain there till their either sold or they replace them.

Things like Pirates 4d/ Fungle I dont mind so much as its easier to hide but yeah I do agree sometimes it does look abit bad (such as fungle before they did put a fence up!)

Beastie finially gone?!?! :angry2:

As for CCR, it depends if it has a valid ADIPS certificate if it can be re-opened for not. They are tax-disc size and are found on most ride opperators boxes but every ride requires on to open. They are re-issued every 12 month, which leads me to believe CCR if it hasn't cycled since it closed will NOT have one and as such will not be allowed to open until such time as its re-tested.

I know that back in 2009 when the Big Dipper crashed at Blackpool they only had a matter of weeks left on the RollerCoaster's ADIPS before it expired and had to quickly change there plans, as that was not meant to open that year, however with the Dipper down it did re-open.

Ash

X, I quite like it really, simple and thats what most people called it anyway

Yes, it seems to suit it somehow. A name change isn't a bad idea, perhaps this is all they've done to it!

I think that the name being changed to X means nothing really... I don't think any kind of re-theme or improvements have been made to the ride unfortunately...again... :mellow:

Again, yes, probably all they've done to it is change the name! I hope so in a way.

Could always do what Heide Park did to their boat and sink it...

I've said this time and time again. They need to destroy it during the fireworks event. Gotta be better than dangling Jedward's ugly mugs over above the lake, surely. :glare:

As for what Marc was saying about Fungle and the fences, well it's about time something was done with it. A good eatery could easily go in that area, but what to put in there as most foods are at the park already, and the BBQ is directly opposite on one section? Or cut all the trees back and turn it into a relaxing open area for people to chill.

Whatever they do (or don't), it's an eyesore even with a fence. As is the arena, a potential area for something good, and the old Pirates 4D building.

We have Thorpe spending the money infilling other areas for future rides, yet they can't see that they have existing land that are potential areas for something new! Land infilling cannot be cheap, surely, and with rides like X:\ and Depth Charge being the oldest and not likely to last forever, I see these as the next probable areas for development. Flatten the X:\ area and the arena, move the BBQ and you have an area for 2 large rides or a medium coaster. Or get rid of the beach and Depth Charge totally, and put a major new coaster in there.

It seems to be the centre of the park that has recieved less attention lately, and more on the outskirts. Thorpe need to concentrate more on the land they have, rather than worrying about infilling lakes and expanding the park's perimeter.

BAs for CCR, it depends if it has a valid ADIPS certificate if it can be re-opened for not. They are tax-disc size and are found on most ride opperators boxes but every ride requires on to open. They are re-issued every 12 month, which leads me to believe CCR if it hasn't cycled since it closed will NOT have one and as such will not be allowed to open until such time as its re-tested.

Ash

Not entirely correct there - ADIPS is a voluntary body which comes to ensure you're doing correct periodical maintenance and you're following procedures. They then provide a lovely sticker to put on to prove that you're doing it correctly.

It costs a bomb, no guests knows what it stands for, you don't need it. Towers stopped being with ADIPS last year, lego stopped in 2009.

I was under the assmuption that ADIPS was the car tax for rides, e.g a requirement with an annual cost and expiry date?

So is it voluntary and not a requirement, can rides operate without them?

They are, Fred is mistaken.

It stands for Amusement Device Inspection Procedures Scheme, so dont tell me nobody knows what it means. I would guess I know a little more about the industry than you do thats all.

Ash

I was under the assmuption that ADIPS was the car tax for rides, e.g a requirement with an annual cost and expiry date?

So is it voluntary and not a requirement, can rides operate without them?

It is most certainly a requirement, rides cant operate without them strictly speaking. It's all part of H&S

They are, Fred is mistaken.

It stands for Amusement Device Inspection Procedures Scheme, so dont tell me nobody knows what it means. I would guess I know a little more about the industry than you do thats all.

Ash

Whoah! Kitty can scratch!