Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

Enjoy the rides from 10am right through to 10pm on Fright Nights dates.

does that mean the rides will definitely be open til 10pm, and not 9 with the possibility of opening up til 10?

Mazes start from 3pm and run right through to 10pm - that's an hour longer than last year.

I thought the mazes were only open from 4-9pm last year... which would make an extra 2 hours, not one?

The Blair Witch Scare Zone is open from 6pm - 10pm.

And this proves the fact that the scare zone needs to be done in the dark as it is outside or contains outside scenes, although we already knew this, just not the opening time.

From the Thorpe Breaks site ( http://www.thorpebreaks.co.uk/fright-nights.html )

Blair Witch Project

Venture into the darkest corners of THORPE PARK and discover long forgotten pathways in The Blair Witch Project Scare Zone. Will you discover the truth about the three students who vanished in the woods? A limited amount of overnight packages are also available at The Crash Pad Hotel for an even more terrifying experience.

And

Blair Witch Camping / overnight experience 11pm to early hours of the morning

Glad they're doing something for the Crash Pad guests!

But the overnight thing is £125..... http://www.thorpebreaks.co.uk/fright-nights.html

I'm guessing that would include the overnight stay in the crash pad as well with tickets for the theme park, so not too much more expensive...

and you don't actually camp as you go back to the crash pad, but looks like there will be things going on for a few hours in the scare zone area for people to experience which will differ from the normal walkthrough...

That Blair Witch thing sounds fantastic!

(Not that I'd do it though for that price, I would if it was affordable for me).

Still, it's great to see Thorpe maximizing the event this year.
Actually can't wait!

I'm also very pleased to hear that the mazes will be open from 3pm - 10pm this year. That's longer than ever before!

Interesting that the Thorpe Break section calls Asylum 'Revealed: The Asylum'. Possibly a slight change to the story line could be included?

Loving the updated FN section, and looking forward to this teaser 'trailer' they've got. The BWP overnight experience sounds great, shame about the cost though; a bit too expensive for me! Glad to see that the scare zone itself opens at 6pm too. Also sounds like Brave it Alone gives you a choice of mazes, which is good.

So all looking good; can't wait to see what the video holds...

Each individual attraction 'page' has links to buying the corresponding film on Amazon now (except You're Next and Asylum, of course). Also, Saw Alive has had the Saw 3D trailer replaced by one of Saw Alive (which pretty much shows the first half of the maze), and so probably means we won't be seeing an additional scene?

Also, here's some more info on Face it Alone, from the booking page:

This is your chance to take a starring role in your favourite horror maze. Choose from The Cabin in the Woods, My Bloody Valentine, The Asylum and SAW Alive.

The Face it Alone experience is not suitable for visitors under 16 years old.
Print at Home is not available for Fastrack tickets.

During your booking, you will be asked to select your maze. If you wish to Face it Alone in multiple mazes, you will need to purchase each ticket separately.

The experience will begin at 9.45pm - see the Sales team for more information when you collect your ticket.

It's nice to see the locations finally properly announced, and it'll be interesting to see how large BWP is. Also, it seems like none of the mazes bar Saw have 'ORPs'? Win.

I guess it's possible the design hasn't been finalised / they want to release it after the announce any possible new additions for next year? In saying that, notice how the logo for BWP covers Slammer? Looks like that's out for the rest of the season. Could even mean they had the map ready, but they might be getting rid of Slammer, and so had to change it...

Though I'm getting ahead of myself there. :P

EDIT: The BWP logo doesn't cover Slammer, it's been entirely edited out! :o (For comparison purposes - http://www.thorpepark.com/downloads/plan-your-visit/thorpe-park-gatemap-2013.pdf)

Edited by JoshC.