Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

OK emails have just been received by a few of us

EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW EVENING

FRIDAY 4TH OCTOBER 6.30PM - 10PM trans.gif trans.gif

fn-feature.jpg

Dear Stretchy the All-mighty.

We're thrilled to invite you to our exclusive Fright Nights Preview event for

Merlin Annual Passholders & Merlin Members on 4th October.

Be the first to experience the UK's premiere Halloween event, as THORPE

PARK and Lionsgate presents a horror movie takeover for Fright Nights in

UK Halloween fans won't need to head to the USA to

experience the ultimate scare experiences this year, as THORPE PARK has

teamed up with Lionsgate - to bring some of their iconic and award

winning horror films to life. Thrillseekers can brave terrifyingly

entertaining scare attractions based on popular Lionsgate movies

including The Cabin in the Woods, My Bloody Valentine, Saw, The Blair

Witch Project and You're Next, and experience the Park's exhilarating

thill rides long into the dead of night.*

On 4th October, between 6.30pm - 10pm we are opening our gates exclusively to

Passholders & Members to preview this epic event before the general

public - for free! Spaces are strictly limited, and booking will go live

on Friday 13th September at 6.30pm on the link below - so be quick and

don't miss your chance to secure your space!

Due to the nature of this event we recommend that it is not suitable for children under 13 years of age.

Book tickets http://fnpreview2013-map.eventbrite.co.uk/ from 6.30 pm Friday 13th Mwahaahaahaahaahaaa

OK I may have added the Mwahahahaha and maybe changed the name a bit.

Interesting that they're saying the entire event is only suitable for 13+. I wonder to what extent on park theming and the roaming actors will go to then? With the bookings opening on Friday, I get this sneaking feeling we'll see some more info come out by then too...

Gutted I can't make the preview event due to uni, but oh well.

Just got back from being on park and was having a nosy around looking for some tiny tidbits to go on for Fright Nights! Here are some of the most relevant photos!

IMG_20130909_110201_zpsda56f36b.jpg

IMG_20130909_112734_zps7a9ca629.jpg

IMG_20130909_112845_zps607c2abc.jpg

IMG_20130909_113039_zpsd589e437.jpg

IMG_20130909_155950_zps91ce8d74.jpg

Worth also noting

-Experiment 10 is being gutted.
-Noises coming from Time Voyagers 4-D cinema may link in with My Bloody Valentine 3-D?
-The Asylum is currently having work done on it, this maybe something to do with You're Next?
-Work is being carried out along by Nemesis Inferno where the railway used to run. Possibly something to do with Blair Witch Project?!
-The Passing is being completely gutted. This could also be something to do with You're Next or possibly Cabin in the Woods?
- Also note that Neptune's Beach is still open so will not be drained for the space!

You can find the rest of the photos on my Facebook
modify_inline.gif

Thank you for taking the time to get these photos :)

Doesn't is seem like they are cutting it a bit fine? If the attractions are being gutted at the moment then they don't actually have very long to setup the new attractions.

It seems a shame for them to be gutting E10, a lot of thought went into that and it only lasted for two seasons.

Thank you for taking the time to get these photos :)

Doesn't is seem like they are cutting it a bit fine? If the attractions are being gutted at the moment then they don't actually have very long to setup the new attractions.

It seems a shame for them to be gutting E10, a lot of thought went into that and it only lasted for two seasons.

That is exactly what I thought today. Considering it is less than a month til when they throw open the rusty gates I thought they would have been ready a long time ago.

I am also worried there is not even a small hint of on-park theming yet. It has already been spotted at Alton & Chessie :-/

Suggesting that Fright Nights isn't a serious event?

The Americans tend to begin construction end of August/Start of September... Considering how much more work goes into their mazes (and the number of mazes most parks tend to do over there), it really doesn't take 'months'...

Here's an example from Westcoaster from an update on the 26th August:

082613-kbf012-700x468.jpg

That's about the only one that's been set up to a reasonable level... Nothing else has been touched as of yet... Another example of a maze which is still in the early stages of mid-build...

082613-kbf018-700x468.jpg

Considering this was a whole month before the event is due to start and neither of the two examples look anywhere near finished, I would say that it doesn't take months to sort out, but weeks... Ergo, there is very little need to worry, especially when most of the construction at Thorpe will take place internally...

Scroll down on this page.

Very interesting! It seems that the reveal will be over a course of days this time :)

http://thorpepark.com/frightnights/?utm_source=Website&utm_medium=FB&utm_campaign=Fright+Nights

It's confimed that My Bloody Valentine will be located in the arena (E10 containers). If done well this could be very scary!

Hey again guys! This Thorpe park fright night website page update is so exciting. The cabin in the woods 'choose their own fate with multiple routes' will be truly excellent, wanted this for so long and will be so great for the group to be slit up, I'll sure go wherever others don't, scarier! So with BWP and TCITW, we have YN, S:A, and BWP to be revealed.. But what is the last one? Truly the asylum re-theme!? And judging by how SAW:Alive is being used as one of the reveal in the coming days rather than the first thing they revealed, will we see a slight retheme/added rooms?! Surely they wouldn't reveal the maze in its origin that everyone knows about? How brilliant, TCITW will be so sick!

It's interesting that there are still four more reveals left and only three more attractions which are already confirmed.

Will this be another attraction or just "live actors around the park?"

but one of the reveals we know of yet to come is live actors around the park (you're next). So its either that YN will in fact be a scare zone/maze in time voyagers OR asylum will be revealed as a re-theme. But which will it be?

so I guess we will have to wait 2days for the next reveal as saw will be tomorrow

could be, but you don't have any evidence for that, could be any, no reason why it will have to be S:A, although it probably will.