Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

MBV just sounds like it will be Experiment 10 with some of the scenes switched around, if that is the case, I really hope that the other mazes have more effort put into them then MBV. Of course, I'll reserve proper judgement until I've experienced the mazes though.

Have to say, I'm a big fan of the Brave it Alone concept, could prove to be very interesting!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=433641476746962&set=a.204346643009781.41009.202255296552249&type=1&theater hm, seems I was right. Although it isn't official, TPC have said SAW: Alive will have new scenes for 2013.

EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=433559156755194&set=a.204346643009781.41009.202255296552249&type=1&theater further explained. Apparently confirmed by TP.

CITW is a 'scare maze'; what's the difference between that and a live action horror maze? And Blair witch is a scare zone, not sure what to think about this. I just hope you're next has more than just roaming characters also tbh. I know it will definitely be the best year yet, but I'm just confused by the differences of a LAHM and a SM, why the You're next part is just roaming characters (potential to be a great maze) and whether BWP being a scare zone over a maze will be better? What do you guys think?

The fact that you're next would be a scare zone / roaming actors was rumours from scare tours which was believed to be true... They were correct about asylum returning and the location of MBV and CITW, but if they were wrong about BWP being a scare/live action maze it means we can still stay hopeful for a you're next maze and not just roaming actors :)

The fact that you're next would be a scare zone / roaming actors was rumours from scare tours which was believed to be true... They were correct about asylum returning and the location of MBV and CITW, but if they were wrong about BWP being a scare/live action maze it means we can still stay hopeful for a you're next maze and not just roaming actors :)

Where did they release where CITW was?

It is great to speculate, but until Thorpe say it we don't know it. Scare Tours are often right and seem to have good sources. Theme Park Collective can and should be ignored! Things like this...

Thorpe Park are including a trailer for Saw 3D which was the latest Saw movie. This has now confirmed that they will have new scenes in the maze from the latest movie, along with some of the classics.

...are just bull that confuses people. Using a screen shot from the newest film confirms nothing.

Guessing is fun, but lets not pretend we know anything, eh? We'll have to wait and see!

A scare zone for BWP is interesting. The site has been updated for it too:

Find out what lies in wait in the darkest corners of the Park in The Blair Witch Project outdoor scare experience.

Recent strange occurrences have given rise to the belief that an evil spirit inhabits a derelict and disused area at the back of the Park. Follow long forgotten pathways through the darkness of the woods as you hunt for the Blair Witch. Stick together, try not to lose your way, and don't worry, that sound is just the wind in the trees… or is it?

So, at the back of the park must mean along the service road surely, adjacent to Monk's Walk, and probably ending up towards Canada Creek. It has potential still, and will need set sounds and such for it to work well. The thing is, the film doesn't utilise people / characters to create scares, it has tension, sudden, unexplained sounds from no where. To me, that seems difficult to execute in a scare zone, but we shall see what they have planned I guess. Hopefully, having a scare zone means we have time to actually explore the surroundings more, and have time to take things in, rather than being rushed through.

I'm liking the variation! I hope this turns out well.

I was a bit underwhelmed when I first heard this year's Halloween attractions were all based on popcorn horror films. Such mazes would still suit Thorpe Park more than their poor in-house concepts of recent years, but the monotony of it seemed to kill off my excitement.

However, now that each scare attraction seems to have its own format and setting, I'm far more intrigued. A dark atmospheric Blair Witch path down the back of the park sounds like an unusual and cool experience, and quite different from a claustrophobic horror maze like My Bloody Valentine, for example. The return of the simple yet effective Asylum is also a nice way to expand this year's range of seasonal attractions.

I also think the wording of "scare maze" compared to "live action horror" suggests the former will be more effects heavy and the latter actor-based. (Either that or one just has more effort put into it than the other!)