Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

Something wrong with Sidders' idea for a Slender based attraction? ;)

It was just and idea that popped into my head when I was looking at what there doing compared to American parks (I know PERISH the think) ;)

I went on a much smaller scale version of terror tram at my local zoo and found it a surprisingly good and scary experience

I think it would be...

Door 1 (from left) and back into the first room... Door 3 and follow that round until you pass the black room with the chains, then into the basement room and back out again, and then into the lift and from there it's linear.

The only rooms you'd miss that I am aware of is the room you access the control room from and the control room itself.

Basement room, I assume you mean the one with the doll in the end of it, I've tried that door, and since I was in the 2nd batch of the season for the maze, and the first one had got out of the maze well before us the door can't open

Basement room, I assume you mean the one with the doll in the end of it, I've tried that door, and since I was in the 2nd batch of the season for the maze, and the first one had got out of the maze well before us the door can't open

Is that the only with the spinning doll at the end with no other doors to go through so you have to go back on yourself?

Out of interest what were the scare ratings on the map for each maze?

How on earth you think you'd get away with a camera in a maze where there's people looking at you constantly?

Plus, spoils the fun. You fun spoiler.

They do it plenty enough in the american mazes and from the majority of mazes in the past people have taken cameras in with them, it's the same as spoilers, if you don't want to know don't watch the video, I already explained I want to see what it's like because I'm not able to go this year and possibly next year none of the mazes will be the same.

http://www.thorpepark.com/crashpad/default.aspx?tabname=EVENTS#bwpExperience

"Blair Witch Project Overnight Experience"

Anyone else seen this? Sounds interesting.

EDIT: Just gone through the site where you book the Crash Pad, and it has it down as "Blair Witch camping/horror experience" or something like that on the opening times.

So.. if you actually stay in the tent... that's mental. It's pretty vague on the site, still have no idea what it actually is, but for 145 quid per person, it better be good.

They do it plenty enough in the american mazes and from the majority of mazes in the past people have taken cameras in with them, it's the same as spoilers, if you don't want to know don't watch the video, I already explained I want to see what it's like because I'm not able to go this year and possibly next year none of the mazes will be the same.

Probably because the current 'proper' walkthroughs we saw posted on here from Inside the Magic and the like were done on Media days by relative professionals with prior permission from the park...

Tough potatoes really, as no-one here can really condone the breaking of park rules, especially when can't even take photos of the backstage tour event...

http://www.thorpepark.com/crashpad/default.aspx?tabname=EVENTS#bwpExperience

"Blair Witch Project Overnight Experience"

Anyone else seen this? Sounds interesting.

EDIT: Just gone through the site where you book the Crash Pad, and it has it down as "Blair Witch camping/horror experience" or something like that on the opening times.

So.. if you actually stay in the tent... that's mental. It's pretty vague on the site, still have no idea what it actually is, but for 145 quid per person, it better be good.

From what I can gather, you stay in the tent until 2am, then stay in the crash pad. Not sure if anyone has actully done it yet though!!

That's correct, the spinning doll door doesn't open, that was confirmed to us by Megan (head of ents I believe). That room represents the basement as it has loads of different items on the walls, we got stuffed in there by the pumpkin head people and were stuck for a few minutes before going out the way we came in.

On a different note, I watched a walkthrough of Universal's version of Cabin, and while it is undeniable that their maze looks 100 times better than Thorpes in terms of sets and themeing, it doesn't look anywhere near as fun as Thorpes, just a normal walkthrough, with the actors just popping out here and there to scare you. It really makes you appreciate Thorpe allowing the actors to make physical contact with you, it makes it so much more immersive.

That's correct, the spinning doll door doesn't open, that was confirmed to us by Megan (head of ents I believe). That room represents the basement as it has loads of different items on the walls, we got stuffed in there by the pumpkin head people and were stuck for a few minutes before going out the way we came in.

On a different note, I watched a walkthrough of Universal's version of Cabin, and while it is undeniable that their maze looks 100 times better than Thorpes in terms of sets and themeing, it doesn't look anywhere near as fun as Thorpes, just a normal walkthrough, with the actors just popping out here and there to scare you. It really makes you appreciate Thorpe allowing the actors to make physical contact with you, it makes it so much more immersive.

Yep I totally agree with the whole touching thing.

It's a shame that we have not seen some of the characters from the film though.

Also that room did not symbolise to me as being a basement but I though it was one of the best rooms.