Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

Not just apparently, but actually. THORPE PARK just said themselves we don't know everything yet a few posts back!

This all looks rather good. We all heard of the stipulations relating to quality and consistency that Lionsgate put on the Saw IP use (how much of that is true we don't know though), but if that was the case then I'm sure it would be now too. I think we could be seeing some real quality as a result of this.

Oh, well there goes the odds of the event being any good then ;)

I was thinking you know how scare tour said ' where will u need to get on your bikes to escape the monsters' I prosumed they mean thorpe park and then I thought wich movie has mosters in it , cabin in the woods , so maybe there will be some kind of bike element in cabin in the woods at FN's this year perhaps ??.... any thoughts ?

Lets Guess where each Maze Will be situated...My Bloody Valentine in the Passing/X No Way Out, Saw Alice in the usual spot, The Blair Witch Project in Neptunes Beach and the other one in the Asylum Building!

This looks fantastic, obviously Thorpe Park do have a tendency to fail initially, but with a professional and big budgeted Lionsgate behind them, I can't imagine much could go wrong (touch wood) So I look forward to this, and I thank them for finally stepping over that annoying line and bring in something that the Americans Would do!! :)

Oh yes and I think this answers everyone's questions about Saw's Contract coming to an end...I think not, an extension of a few years seems to be on the cards now! Unless the event goes terribly, which I hope it does not! Just a shame it was no Texas Chainsaw! :( Oh well, always next year!

Lets Guess where each Maze Will be situated...My Bloody Valentine in the Passing/X No Way Out, Saw Alice in the usual spot, The Blair Witch Project in Neptunes Beach and the other one in the Asylum Building!

This looks fantastic, obviously Thorpe Park do have a tendency to fail initially, but with a professional and big budgeted Lionsgate behind them, I can't imagine much could go wrong (touch wood) So I look forward to this, and I thank them for finally stepping over that annoying line and bring in something that the Americans Would do!! :)

Nah, could be close, but blair witch will use CCR as scareTOUR said 'all on board for BWP' as FrightNights04 said. So that could be the CCR rail or CCR jungle, or a bit of both used!

Thorpe Park, will there be any pay-on-top attractions? ;)

Edited by Tommy
Double posting again

This all sounds very exciting, four mazes themed around big horror films plus the return of Saw Alive. If this is done right, in theming, atmosphere and setting, then it could be one amazing event and maybe the best event yet.

I hope they don't charge for all the mazes as the old ones used to free so hope it will all be included. The factor of maybe more to come is even more exciting. Can't wait for this years Fright Nights.

Interested to know whether the Mazes will tell a story or will be just a simple run through like most of the Previous Mazes...I would hope for some sort of story (as in being told whilst you go round) but I doubt that will happen because of throughput...looks like I may be buying a few DVD's! haha

I am very excited for this! I hope that they're not all mazes and if they are, they've learnt from the past few Fright Nights and continue to move away from the conventional conga line maze.

Regarding upcharge for the mazes:

Hi THORPE PARK Official, will many of this years Fright Nights' mazes include an additional charge on top of the entry fee?

Hi Robert, we won't be charging a fee for any of the horror attractions in normal opening hours.

The wonders of FB.

All the mazes being based on existing IP is slightly disappointing, I was hoping at least one original idea would find its way into the lineup.

Blair Witch has the potential to be one of the UK's best scare mazes if executed correctly and put in the right setting. Cabin in the Woods is going to be a challenge to make, and it should be interesting to see whether its an utter failure or not. My Bloody Valentine was just a boring slasher film to begin with, so I expect a very generic maze. You're Next is apparently a pretty good film, but from what I've seen it looks like a run of the mill slasher, which will probably make for a generic scare maze rather than doing something interesting.

I wish Thorpe the best of luck with this, if they pull it off they could have a really great event on their hands :D

All the mazes being based on existing IP is slightly disappointing, I was hoping at least one original idea would find its way into the lineup.

Blair Witch has the potential to be one of the UK's best scare mazes if executed correctly and put in the right setting. Cabin in the Woods is going to be a challenge to make, and it should be interesting to see whether its an utter failure or not. My Bloody Valentine was just a boring slasher film to begin with, so I expect a very generic maze. You're Next is apparently a pretty good film, but from what I've seen it looks like a run of the mill slasher, which will probably make for a generic scare maze rather than doing something interesting.

I wish Thorpe the best of luck with this, if they pull it off they could have a really great event on their hands :D

There is still a chance there is a maze returning!

As much as I love Thorpe for changing tack and as much as I realise this will help phenomenally with the promotion of Fright Nights as an annual event, I'm a little disappointed to think that the budget they had (which was said to be as big as their budgets for medium ride instalments) went mostly on Lionsgate's IPs.

Just had a thought. These guys need a maze.

Angel-Smiling.png

If you don't know who they are then they'll come for you.