Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

Surely the Curse has got to go this year. It was literally falling apart last year, and its obvious Thorpe are keen to get rid of the tents. They could squeeze another year out of The Asylum, but it'd be nice to see it bow gracefully before it becomes a unkempt mess like the Curse.

CCR and 4D Cinema have got to be prime locations for sure, for the sake of weatherproofing, I'm definitely leaning towards the 4D cinema.

They are hinting far earlier than they did last year, so maybe it could be a case of multiple announcements are on the way.

Well, that's a whole load of stuff come about since I went to work!

All sounds rather good to me, IPs are ideal for this sort of thing, giving meaning and narrative to what is otherwise largely a short time running around in the dark. I'm going to guess that none of the old mazes will exist - this looks like a complete takeover. Having said that I'm sure the essence of a good few at least will remain the same, but pushed in the direction of the horror franchise they now are.

And I'll say again...

Leprechaunposter.jpg

Currently being re done by Lionsgate. Please!

if they get the themeing and emersive enrirements right, in the mazes by like creating full on sets , which thay have the budget for now, this could be the best fright nights ever !, just hope they dont slack in effert. Judging by what is rumoured already , this year is gunna be so GOOD !! :) can not actually wait !!

If it is all 'horror film mazes' and they pull it off the event will be amazing...

If this is the case I can now see saw alive is returning as it easily fits in with the other mazes like cabin in the woods and you're next. The location of the mazes would also be interesting. The cabin in the woods would probably have to be located in the wood so my guess is it would be in Canada creek in the woody area. I really hope they can just pull all these mazes off as fright night has so much potential this year(if it is a lions gate fest?)

Just going back to a CCR ghost train, surely if they were going with the horror films they would have to link it up with a film to fit it in?

What makes you so sure of that, they are making (or at least marketing) the park for families, why on earth would they exclude this event from that vision? I wouldn't be at all surprised to find at least one 'lesser' thrill within the fightnight attraction line up, in fact I'll be quite shocked if there is not. My money is still on a CCR ghost train, based on nothing more than logic.

dont know what this CCR ghost train idea is ? ... what is it ?

I like it how scare tour say ' all on board for the blair witch project' could be hinting at a train type thing, as chosen the words all on board to describe it ???

That would be a good idea, it would be a great use of CCR :)

The new logo thing with the mask from you're next seriously freaks me out!

This fright nights is going to be amazing, I can just tell! THANK YOU THORPE AND LIONSGATE :D

Is there by any chance a CCR ghost train? :P

I didn't know The Blair Witch Project was a Lionsgate film. That's cool though.

This is REALLY going to pique the curiosity of Mr and Mrs average general public. And looking at the theming job that went in to Saw Alive, I think this is only good news.

Unfortunately this all screams one thing to me though....paid for mazes....

I didn't know The Blair Witch Project was a Lionsgate film. That's cool though.

This is REALLY going to pique the curiosity of Mr and Mrs average general public. And looking at the theming job that went in to Saw Alive, I think this is only good news.

Unfortunately this all screams one thing to me though....paid for mazes....

I hope not!

Saw alive will definately be free- it has to be! I am hoping we see the less scarier ones on the 'scare ratings' as free and maybe one or two of the best and most scariest mazes as paid for?