Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

I dunno, weren't they talking about Fright Night getting a 'massive rebrand' or something?? Or at least ScareTour hinted at it. Lionsgate could easily be that rebrand. However, I totally get where your coming from and that would be a brilliant way to introduce new ideas - especially with the actors in masks- while still keeping many of the old classic mazes! Perhaps they will revamp all the old mazes, perhaps throwing in some name changes, and as you say, only doing one new IP one? We shall have to wait and see ;)

On a sidenote though, I can see Asylum being changed into Texas Chainsaw Massacre... what with the infamous chainsaw guy and all ;)

yer they are having a rebrand, they said at the audition I went to , we are looking for all new style of actors for an all new fright nights ! :) very exited

ohh hope it went well! =D this 'new style of actors' idea sounds interesting too ;)

Fingers crossed , I hear at some point next week if I have been successful or not. I could be scaring you guys hahaha ! , I know right ! who knows , the auditon seemed relitivly normal for a halloween audition

Fingers crossed , I hear at some point next week if I have been successful or not. I could be scaring you guys hahaha ! , I know right ! who knows , the auditon seemed relitivly normal for a halloween audition

haha well my fingers are crossed for you :D yeah, much of what they say about how 'different' things are gonna be is to create hype, I think there will still be a lot of very similar elements to previous years :P

yer I agree in terms of actors and how they scare people, but I reckon some of the mazes and the layout of the mazes will be what could create the most fear, similour to how experement 10 you were on your own ect. I think if they do somthing original like that again , thats a complete curveball that no one was expecting. That will really turn up the hype !

personally I think the action is better totally live :D

Agree completely but if a bit of video helps "set the scene" then it can be good - trouble is the whole group you are with has to be "into it" to get the full benefit!

I'm really intrigued what Thorpe Park has in store for this year - as much as I love E10 (and Asylum) - if they are removed/changed/rebranded for the better than I am all for it. Would top off a generally positive season for the park :)

yer I agree in terms of actors and how they scare people, but I reckon some of the mazes and the layout of the mazes will be what could create the most fear, similour to how experement 10 you were on your own ect. I think if they do somthing original like that again , thats a complete curveball that no one was expecting. That will really turn up the hype !

Ohh yeah I totally agree! Here's hoping for less conga lines and more inventive/ terrifying ways of navigating the mazes :D

Agree completely but if a bit of video helps "set the scene" then it can be good - trouble is the whole group you are with has to be "into it" to get the full benefit!

you make a good point, having not seen it in person I can't really judge =)

A few things that probably relate to many pages ago.

That list by TPC confuses me, the only maze we know returning is Saw Alive and if the rest is true, why would Thorpe keep The Asylum but have IP based mazes for all the rest?

With Fright Night's now starting on Saturday 5th October I wouldn't mind betting that the AP preview event will be on Friday 4th.

As I said earlier, The Passing was having a lot of work done to it.

20130821_121542_zps5c37af44.jpg

The skip everything was being emptied into.

First it was wooden floor boards and by the looks of it on top is drainage stuff? Whilst this doesn't mean The Passing is leaving, it's definitely being worked on.

Finally, whilst I love all of these teases for Fright Nights, they seem to be coming very quickly all of a sudden which in one sense is great but it will also mean the build up is over before its properly begun.

I'm still very excited though :D

Can any of you remember when the clowns broke out of carnival of screams, could you imagin that with asylum actors or people from the new mazes!

Personally, I wouldn't like to see that. One of the reasons the clowns broke out was because there was no one waiting to use the maze (I think), so it was something fun and different, and used the actors the park was paying for. At Thorpe, the mazes always have a queue, and I'd much rather not queue longer for a maze to see the characters 'break out' and scare people not waiting.

I still remain a bit wary of the idea of most / all mazes being IPs, but I think it will work out very well for the park.

that would be

Personally, I wouldn't like to see that. One of the reasons the clowns broke out was because there was no one waiting to use the maze (I think), so it was something fun and different, and used the actors the park was paying for. At Thorpe, the mazes always have a queue, and I'd much rather not queue longer for a maze to see the characters 'break out' and scare people not waiting.

I still remain a bit wary of the idea of most / all mazes being IPs, but I think it will work out very well for the park.

With Ip's it could swing 2 ways either they are not detailed enough , not up to the standards of HHN's , or they have had a budget increase and the mazes are amazing . Who knows but I know what you mean. its very uneven ground but if they put the effert into themeing and emersive envirements , it will be amazing !

Are we assuming that the AP preview night will be Friday 4th October?

What happens to people who are in the park during the day? Are they made to exit at 3/4pm when the mazes open? Or will they stay on the park until 6/7pm closing time and AP holders have a wrist band?

Any idea when they will reveal the AP date?

Even if you do a great maze, you risk alienating people who haven't watched the films though. You need to choose IPs which are either incredibly popular or incredibly simple to understand that the vast majority of people know what it is about (which I think is why Saw was a great choice - most people these days know it as something where people are trapped, tortured in sick ways, then die. That, and it was popular). The trouble with such IPs though is there are incredibly difficult to execute well. With films like Cabin in the Woods for example, unless you've watched it, I don't think a maze about it would make much sense (unless you have a pre-show or make it a narrative maze).

It's a risky move if they were to go down that route. But choose the right IPs and the park are sorted.

Wow a lot has been released whilst I was on park today!

1) I hope Thorpe give out free popcorn with all these movie themed mazes!

, not up to the standards of HHN's ,

2) HHN do themeing well but when it comes to scares they don't touch you making it a less immersive and persistent scare but just a jump scare.

3) I don't see how dog/cat or whatever masks they are can be scary.

4) Cabin in the woods would be great if they can recreate the scene with all monsters in the glass cabinets escaping.

5) I would love to see a zombies maze.

Are we assuming that the AP preview night will be Friday 4th October?

What happens to people who are in the park during the day? Are they made to exit at 3/4pm when the mazes open? Or will they stay on the park until 6/7pm closing time and AP holders have a wrist band?

Any idea when they will reveal the AP date?

Was hoping it would be on a weekend so I could not have to wait in long queues and still be able to go. Never mind :(

yes it's on netflix

Was hoping it would be on a weekend so I could not have to wait in long queues and still be able to go. Never mind :(

It's never on a weekend and I would say that tbh park numbers will be low that everyone would be able to stay in the park and then they know ap holders will come in the evening.

Definitely recommend watching Cabin In The Woods, pretty sure it's on Netflix so if you don't have that you can just sign up to a free months trial and watch it there.

Would have to disagree with you there! Thought it was good for the first half hour or so, then got gradually worse and sillier. :P