Park Operations

Daniel.S313

yes proberbly boost gate figures but in recent month its been like 30-60 min queues so has been improving maybe not trying to force fastrack on people maybe be nice if coasters could have 3 train op and have a decent throughput

Not sure what rollercoasters you mean. Stealth, Inferno, Swarm and Colossus can only run a maximum of two trains, X can run four trains and Saw can run a maximum of eight cars.

Yesterday at the Exit of Thorpe Park (at the end of the day) there were staff directing people who had paid full price for a day ticket to the annual pass building for a "free annual pass".

I asked what they meant and they said that if you had paid for a ticket that day then you could get a free Thorpe Park annual pass.

Just flicked through Facebook and noticed this is an on going thing for the time being.

A standard ticket without discount for 1 adult is £43.20. However you get a Thorpe Park Annual Pass for free at the moment when you buy a full price ticket on the gate!

I'm surprised they aren't actually advertising this properly through social networking etc. as I'm sure this will bring in the customers if they are made aware of it.

There must be some logic in it somewhere, but for the life of me I can't see it?

If the people have already paid, then Merlin have the cash and a pass would only bring that body back in without any financial gain in the future. If the person normally only attends a few days a year, then they would possibly have been willing to pay the ticket again; however, if they've now been given a free ticket for the future, then still no financial gain for Merlin.

A full price entrance ticket is what, £43.20? And the TPAP is about £85?

So, in effect, they're giving people half price Annual Passes, which allows them to come back and spend more money on park as and when they want. It's a big encouragement for guests to return, especially if they thought it was expensive, so it seems to make sense.

But, as has been mentioned, it is likely an indication of how well (or not so well!) Thorpe are doing right now...

It will boost gate figures and people will tell their friends. Also for those who have an annual pass, they will come back, but they may also bring their friends too. Its a clever marketing ploy.

Another thing is if they get more people through the gate, the queues build up and instantly Fast Track sales increase. As those who have the annual pass didn't pay to get in so they are more likely to buy Fast Track.

Depending on how far the people live from Thorpe, I can't see many of them returning more than 3 times in the year.

If anything, this is a good thing, not sure doing this at the same time the Merlin Membership pass is introduced.

But how are Thorpe going to increase gate figures....

I can confirm that yesterday I got my hands on a Thorpe Park annual pass for the price of the standard entrance ticket. Bargainous.

I asked the cashier if she knew how long the offer was on for but she didn't. You don't have to mess about buying a ticket then going to the annual pass office to exchange it, I went straight to AP, asked about the deal and she just sold it to me. Well worth doing.

Hi guys!

Just to answer your questions about the Annual Pass offer, it is something we will be offering until the end of July at least.

The offer has two parts - if you pay full price for a day ticket you can get an 'Annual Pass' valid until the end of the 2013 season for free! If you have come in on a 241 or discounted web ticket, then you just need to pay the difference between the value of your ticket (on a 241 this is assumed to be half price, regardless of whether it is the full or free ticket) and the full price ticket to upgrade to this pass.

Introduced later this week, we will be offering a full 12 month Annual Pass for a £10 upgrade from the full price day ticket.

We will be announcing both offers publicly later this week, but have kept them low key up until now so we can ensure that everything is working correctly, as we expect both offers to be very popular :)

Hi guys, there's been an accident on the M25 and for this reason there's very heavy traffic on all local roads which is queuing right back into the car park here. If you're still here with us, why not head to the Coffee Shack which we're keeping open for drinks and refreshments, and relax in comfort in the Dome.

Thanks for your patience!

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare, but good of them to make some provision for those stuck in it.

Hi guys!

Just to answer your questions about the Annual Pass offer, it is something we will be offering until the end of July at least.

The offer has two parts - if you pay full price for a day ticket you can get an 'Annual Pass' valid until the end of the 2013 season for free! If you have come in on a 241 or discounted web ticket, then you just need to pay the difference between the value of your ticket (on a 241 this is assumed to be half price, regardless of whether it is the full or free ticket) and the full price ticket to upgrade to this pass.

Introduced later this week, we will be offering a full 12 month Annual Pass for a £10 upgrade from the full price day ticket.

We will be announcing both offers publicly later this week, but have kept them low key up until now so we can ensure that everything is working correctly, as we expect both offers to be very popular :)

Too many options now!!! Annual passes just ran out not sure weather to go for a TP AP through one of the ways listed above, Merlin AP or the pay monthly thing lol...

I think TP should offer their own pay monthly AP.

Too many options, wants another option!

The very low price of the new offer wouldn't make a pay monthly version worth anyone's while I think. And it is a short term deal, the pay monthly price would relate to the usual £80 charge and therefore be a lot more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I was on park today and I have to say that the whole park was very tidy. There were many cleaners visible throughout and as soon as the park closed at 6 street cleaners were in full use.

Overall I found the park to be very well run today, but the wait time boards were VERY innacurate. Also, I noticed that there was a lot of security on park- more than I've seen so far this year. Has there been an increase in the amount of security recently?