Next Big Thing - 2016 Development ?

pluk

Unless they did a flyer which was themed as the military trying to take down the Swarm and duelling with it in some ways, then I struggle to see it. And anything duelling I can't see happening after the incidents with Dragon Challenge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wasn't that the original idea for AIR, it was going to be some kind of military plane that would try and take down Nemesis. They could use that idea for the Flyer that would attack the Swarm monster.

Think one of the original ideas behind Air was to be a military style thing (inspired by the original Arrow Pipeline plans), but of course dumped for the decent idea of an oasis of calm (suits the ride itself more tbh)...

Shame about the tunnel/station theming though...

Think one of the original ideas behind Air was to be a military style thing (inspired by the original Arrow Pipeline plans), but of course dumped for the decent idea of an oasis of calm (suits the ride itself more tbh)...

Shame about the tunnel/station theming though...

I hope Thorpe can use that original idea if they install a Flyer.

We haven't seen any plans yet. That island is probably the location for any next big development. We just have to wait and see.

It is highly likely it will be the site for the next coaster. At a school thing there they did show us some plans for that island but they were old for a concept of the swarm. I have a feeling that's what toofpikk is on about.

They drawings on the MTDP were just to show to the council where the station, maintenance and high point were likely to be as well as showing how it may use the island. Other than that I don't think they had any meaning in to what the coaster layout would actually turn out like.

'Popularity' mostly due to the low capacity and horrendous opperations

Obviously Thorpe shouldn't get one, but truthfully I found it to be a surprise success of my visit (Rode it as Goliath at Six Flags New England); each to their own!

^ Your opinion isn't always fact. It was very popular.

I personally ...

Errr? :rolleyes:

I don't think it was very popular to be honest. It certainly wasn't when I was there, and the LA times agrees

Prone to down time and rough rides, Deja Vu is one of my least favorite coasters at the park and will not be missed. Similar versions of the outdated ride have been disappearing from bigger parks around the world, finding new homes and extended lives at smaller parks.

I just don't think a standard off the shelf clone with low throughput is something we should aspire to for Thorpe's 'next big thing', and that is aside from my own opinion of them being dull, cumbersome, uncomfortable rattly piles of junk.

^ Your opinion isn't always fact. It was very popular.

1. True - Benin's opinion is always fact

2. It may have been popular at that park

3. It's not suitable for Thorpe Park

4. Thorpe Park can do a lot better than some low-RPH (riders per hour) coaster

5. Whatever space Thorpe has should be used for either a dark ride or a well-themed, non-gimmicky, high-RPH coaster or one that fills Thorpe's gaps (Woodie, Flyer (IMO), Hyper, Maverick or Blue Fire)