2014 Season

Marc

They're turning the park into more and more of a styled park, more like Blackpool.

Sure it looks.. clean.. and sleek.. but it's not theme park in any shape or form. It's exactly what BPB have been doing the past few years. I hate how every area looks the same due to this signage nowadays.

^ This

What signage are you expecting around the park? All coasters have their own logo, which is displayed on the signs.

I agree with this tbh... Yes, each ride has its own logo and entire 'brand' really, but the new branding kind of covers it all up.

The website is just SO generic, there is absolutely no hint of theme on each ride's page at all, which is a massive shame.

Don't get me wrong I love the new branding, but I hate that it's hiding the identity of the park and all the rides and events. It's just way too generic!

Seems daft that they take the time coming up with brilliant logos and brand identity's for Fright Nights and The Swarm, and even buying in brands at huge expense (Saw), then not bother showing it all off around the park or on any of the marketing material.

Well the "Laugh Harder Scream Louder" (although I'm still not sure the local residents will like this signs instructions) looks much nicer on the Dome entrance now they've finished painting the frame and supports of it blue.

The LED entrance thing (although just metal beams at the moment) looks marginally better in person and once it has the screens on it should fully detract from the old entrance behind it so I guess it's not an awful temporary solution. It all depends on what this screen shows really.

I agree with this tbh... Yes, each ride has its own logo and entire 'brand' really, but the new branding kind of covers it all up.

The website is just SO generic, there is absolutely no hint of theme on each ride's page at all, which is a massive shame.

Don't get me wrong I love the new branding, but I hate that it's hiding the identity of the park and all the rides and events. It's just way too generic!

I agree about the website and thoroughly dislike the new one, at least the old one had character!

The difference is that BPB do it properly, I don't call sticking a massive TV screen over the entrance stylish.

What signage are you expecting around the park? All coasters have their own logo, which is displayed on the signs.

Yeah I agree with you - BPB do it properly.

Signage - They use the logos on the main entrance. How about.. using the branding elsewhere like around the area?

Only need to look at towers to see all signage in Forbidden Valley has hazard tape, all signs in X sector are the same background and text.. Katanga Canyon all have wooden backgrounds etc.. Whereas thorpe's is "ride sign" "generic theme park for everything else".

I would have to disagree with you on that one Fred! Unless I've mistaken your post, then other than marketing signage which isn't exactly in your face, all signage is pretty much themed to the ride. Every single swarm sign around the area is themed to a Police Witness Sign, Every Lost City sign is themed to the Lost City theme, Colossus is similar to Lost City, Nemesis Inferno, again all the signs are the brown inferno background and writing, SAW has the police/warehouse background on the signs, etc etc etc.

The only signs thus far I can think of is the recently rebranded shops which they where lazy with and just put the Sobotage font with a generic background and called it a logo.

All HB leisure stuff are the same branding, the old fish and chips place and random units around park are all thorpe signage.

There's LOADS of park signs and feedback signs cluttering the area as thorpe signage (the feedback signs are awful because they green and look like they've faded in the sun).

I don't mean in queuelines, I mean outside of ride entrances.

I'm so glad Stealth has regained position as the icon ride within the adverts! And the promo images as well. Go Stealth!

"An Island like no other" is a much better tag line and is a real selling point. Look at the families having fun in the advert, and the showing of more rides than just the "new for that year" adverts we used to get. What I think I like most is, it doesn't shout at you to "BUY TICKETS NOW AT THORPEPARK.COM" Very good :)

I wouldn't call any of the food at Thorpe a delicacy. There's nothing there that you can't eat anywhere else (sure, their doughnuts are hot, but you can get doughnuts anywhere. You can buy noodles anywhere, etc.), but that's not too big a deal to be honest.

I like the advert overall. Still not entirely sure on the voice over (just not a fan of the voice, doesn't sound particularly exciting, more annoying really). But hey ho

Delicacy does not mean that in the slightest and nothing at Thorpe Park is a delicacy or 'rare'. It's mediocre fast food.

Your standards need to be set a little higher I'm afraid =/

Bar 360 is alright! I wouldn't class it as a delicacy, however it is far from mediocre fast food.