Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

I don't mind paying for Fright Nights I don't see any where where you can get horror mazes outside of a theme park?

But some of the prices and fast track shouldn't be there!

if youre looking for scare mazes outside of theme parks theres always Tulleys Farm in Crawley!! its like, a majorly critically acclaimed 'scream park' not too far from London, you should try it out =) still pretty overpriced though!!

I'm probably a bit late but can't say I'm too in favour of the way Fright Nights 2014 is working, at least for pass holders.

Having just 1000 spaces a day for premium and VIP isn't fair in my opinion as it just limits the amount of pass holders who go in. Ok, granted the park gets very busy during most event days (near the brink of capacity in super peak), but it means there's a strong limit and last minute plans can't be done if all spaces are sold out, meaning you may need to go to the strengths a a day ticket if you really want to go.

Standard passes have it worse in my view. Ok, I can understand charging £5 per time for each standard holders due to similar reasons states above and us even. But £10 is just a rip off and almost insulting to pass holders. Ok, the standard pass is still good value for money which price wise has remained fairly stable (don't think about hiking it Merlin) but this is still not good.

Who knows, in a few more years down the line, the park may start charging standard holders £15, £20 or even exclude them altogether. Although there's now a fright night pass offering unlimited entry in these times, it's still a rather backwards step in fright night organisation for me and I just hope they put this right sooner rather than later.

Thorpe this year have done some great park updates, angry birds, summer nights, opening hours, entrance screen and numerous other things. I just find it a shame they sort of dropped the ball for fright nights entrance and ticket operations. At least I know what I'm voting for now in the forum rewards ;).

I'm probably a bit late but can't say I'm too in favour of the way Fright Nights 2014 is working, at least for pass holders.

Having just 1000 spaces a day for premium and VIP isn't fair in my opinion as it just limits the amount of pass holders who go in. Ok, granted the park gets very busy during most event days (near the brink of capacity in super peak), but it means there's a strong limit and last minute plans can't be done if all spaces are sold out, meaning you may need to go to the strengths a a day ticket if you really want to go.

Standard passes have it worse in my view. Ok, I can understand charging £5 per time for each standard holders due to similar reasons states above and us even. But £10 is just a rip off and almost insulting to pass holders. Ok, the standard pass is still good value for money which price wise has remained fairly stable (don't think about hiking it Merlin) but this is still not good.

Who knows, in a few more years down the line, the park may start charging standard holders £15, £20 or even exclude them altogether. Although there's now a fright night pass offering unlimited entry in these times, it's still a rather backwards step in fright night organisation for me and I just hope they put this right sooner rather than later.

Thorpe this year have done some great park updates, angry birds, summer nights, opening hours, entrance screen and numerous other things. I just find it a shame they sort of dropped the ball for fright nights entrance and ticket operations.

Agree 100% with this.

Am I missing something here?

I mean, it's £10 if you book after the 1st October for people owning a standard pass and it's £5 if you book before then. You've got four weeks to plan a trip(s) with some friends and if you don't book before hand, then you have to pay the extra. By enticing people to book early, Thorpe have a better idea on attendances and can plan accordingly. 

It all seems very JUMP TO THE WORST POSSIBLE CONCLUSION in here to be honest. Thorpe will push it as far as they can in terms of what people will pay to get in. If attendance drops massively over the event, then I bet the £10 charge disappears. 

It's similar to the Friday 13th font but not the same, and like Jack said, it's not even Lionsgate.

Celebrating 13 year’s of Fright Nights, Studio 13 invites visitors to take a tour of a live movie studio where you’ll get to see behind the scenes of some of the latest productions, however all is not as it seems as you realise you’re the star of a chilling and terrifying new snuff film. Studio 13 replaces The Asylum which retired last season and joins returning mazes The Cabin In The Woods, My Bloody Valentine, SAW: Alive and The Blair Witch Project as the park continues its horror movie takeover of Fright Nights for a 2nd year.

Not saying that is not correct (as I believe it is!), but best wait until the official announcement from Thorpe. This is brought to you by the washing machine team remember!

If it does prove correct it could be good, and draw from a variety of Lionsgate property rather than being restricted to one specific narrative. 

It seems strange though.  They have a Lionsgate contract so they can choose any Lionsgate film, they remove Asylum because they want all the mazes to be about films yet they choose not to target a specific film.

Yet the whole idea is film based, so could not fit better with the Lionsgate tie in. I can't see the logic behind your negativity with the little that is known so far.