Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

Will there be a preview night though if Friday the 10th is now an official Fright Night? Would they hold a preview night on the Thursday for annual pass holders? Can't remember if they have done before.

They have done Thursday preview nights in the past; the 2010 and 2011 preview events for FN were definitely on Thursdays, with the first official day being the Friday.

Free fastracks force people to return to the park to use them. This requires them to buy a ticket therefore making the park money. It also improves guest satisfaction as it means they forget about the bad stuff in the park.

The idea that free Fastrack can just will away any guest issues is one of the reasons that the Merlin parks are so poorly run...

They do give a lot of free things to people who complain. My mum complained to Chessington about the way she had to book a ticket, so they gave her a free ticket. And if people get a free ticket for complaining about their horrible time at a park, they're not going to use it for fear of an equally bad day! OR could these people make money out of the free tickets/fast tracks by selling them on ebay?

Went on a backstage tour yesterday and I have been told a few things that are of interest, firstly asylum was going to be closed last year anyway as THORPE wanted to have all lionsgate mazes but wanted to give it its last 8th season to match that of its previous the freezer, which also had an 8 year run. Also the complaint and subsequent bad press was basically brushed off by THORPE as any press is good press as it drew peoples attention, and also I was told that virtually every year they receive complaints about their mazes that they offend someone and so THORPE basically don't worry TOO much about this kind of problem unless it got out of hand. I also know that The Asylum is definitely being replaced by a new lionsgate maze and apparently according to my host ( who ran one of the mazes last year) lionsgate are going to do something amazing with it that is going to 'outdo asylum'. Also this will be the 13th frightnight and so they are also going to do something special for it and it will be "the best fright night so far". I also asked about angrybirds land and I was told it would be open normally until 2 when all of the removable themeing will be taken away and new horror themeing will be added for firght night opening at 3, the themeing will then be removed to the original angrybirds themeing again at 11 after park close. Also the music during the frightnight hours in angeybirds land will change. All of this was given to me by one of the people who runs the mazes and as far as she was aware is true

Went on a backstage tour yesterday and I have been told a few things that are of interest, firstly asylum was going to be closed last year anyway as THORPE wanted to have all lionsgate mazes but wanted to give it its last 8th season to match that of its previous the freezer, which also had an 8 year run. 

Thanks for all the info; sounds promising!

However, bit confused here - did Freezer run elsewhere, since it was only at Thorpe between 2002 and 2004?!