New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

Well I for one am disappointed at the part where it said a full scale rollercoaster was originally planned but due to poor reception of the swarm and the change in target market it will be more concentrated on the story/experience than the ride itself :(

I was hoping for dark ride in the arena area, like duel or tomb blaster, flat ride or two in hippo area and then a future rollercoaster on the spare island :(

Even with those links, I still don't believe these things unless I see it in a plan or something similar. I guess you could say this is something similar to Spin Doctor and the whole egg on head thing, where he said there would be a washing machine element on the smiler, as he knew due to links with Merlin. Look what happened.

It's been referenced elsewhere too... Something akin to Wonder Mountain Guardian over in Canada...

Not exactly a coaster, but I'd much prefer a look at producing an experience...

well a shame it would take up so much space, and not a coaster or thrill ride which is the main reason I go to parks... but that's something I'd like to see, making the best out of a bad situation :P

The Southparks article tells us essentially nothing new...

-We've known for a while that the next big thing will most probably be 2016.

-Every big new thing since Inferno had been more expensive than the last.

-A dark ride has been rumoured for ages.

-Merlin love IPs.

-Given the visible work happening, the places they list aren't surprising.

All just seems very conjecture-based and chucking all the rumours into one place!

In regards to the 'rumoured proposed attraction'

surely it wouldn't remove all those things after all we would be losing 2 rides, an eatery, 2 entertainment complexes , shop (which was only refitted this year) and a food outlet plus 2 mazes would have to be replaced/relocated.

If it turns out to be an IP based experience (Saw, Angrybirds etc.) I will be very disappointed as it would mean not just would it be an uncreative (money making) and dead IP replacing a bug chunk of one of the original parts but nothing compared to the likes of Hex.

I'm not going to judge anything until I hear an official statement or see planning forms by the park but if we see this happening, they have better make it a good addition especially if all these things could be removed. Hope there's ways of having space for mazes too.

Yes because Merlin are just openly going to tell a group of 50 enthusiasts their huge plans for the parks future.

The guy who was adamant Smiler was going to have a washing machine element wasn't trying to be a red herring, he was just a person who thought he'd sussed it out and turned out to be wrong yet still hasn't eaten the things he said he would if the secret element wasn't a washing machine.

All the SouthParks article does is show us how slow theyare at ppicking up on things much like Fish's closure.

He was aware that the smiler wasn't having a washing machine element hence why the aerial photos where censored. He has good links with merlin and often knows more than the average enthusiast on future things. He isn't always told the correct stuff all of the time but he generally has a good idea on what will be happening. I do agree though that it is repeating information we already know. 

He was aware that the smiler wasn't having a washing machine element hence why the aerial photos where censored. He has good links with merlin and often knows more than the average enthusiast on future things. He isn't always told the correct stuff all of the time but he generally has a good idea on what will be happening. I do agree though that it is repeating information we already know. 

Right... so if he has good links why would said people lie to him...

As long as something different comes for 2015 I will be happy. Or even if they just literally give everything a tune up. like it said in the towers article I don't think a new major ride will be until 2016. I would like a Colossus paint job, features on rides that are there actually working and a new theme/ do up of rumba and loggers.

Nothing will happen though... Just more blackpool visits next year

A lot of people 'know' a lot. Until planning is in and published it is speculation, until those plans are approved it's nothing more than a plan. Thorpe themselves don't know what they're doing yet, they don't know what permissions they'll get. They obviously have some plans, they probably have a preferred one, they certainly have some back up ones. That article is just the coming together of a lot of separate things that people 'know' and is very guessable with a decent chance of being correct in at least some respects. 

Dr Who ride using a taaoSpiderman transit system it is then...

This guy once told Marc and I that Vortex was moving to Canada Creek to replace Rocky Express. Don't necessarily believe everything that comes from the person in mind.

You all seem to be under the impression this is coming from one person? I'm sure they'd be flattered but it would be a disservice to the team behind SouthParks to think that. Also, the person responsible for 'Washing Machine' is no longer part of the team as of over two years ago, it was however partially right in that it pointed us in the direction of the inversion record.

Of course anything is speculation until announced by the park, nobody is saying anything to the contrary, many attractions have even been fully under construction and things have changed wildly from 'plans' to what was eventually presented to the general public.

As for the article specifically, I keep rereading it but nowhere does it say anything that we didn't know before? Why is it then such an issue when it's suddenly collated into one article? It doesn't even specify what the attraction is other than a few references to the route the park is going to take based on its current target market and attendence predictions/history.

In short, I'm not sure what the fuss is about? Can't we just enjoy this exciting period of speculation without childish jibes and attacks on other websites/people? I honestly thought the team and members of Thorpe Park Mania were above that.

You all seem to be under the impression this is coming from one person? 

That article is just the coming together of a lot of separate things that people 'know' 

lol

Personally, not on behalf of of TPM, I don't like the speculation dressed as news style combined with the underlying 'we know something you don't know' tone. Clickbait.

Not meant as a 'jibe or attack', just the reason I don't engage with TT any more.

Anyone else for the idea of Colossus getting new trains with some added leg room to support the tall persons community.

They just need to get the new trains from Intamin that they put on the Colossus V2 they built over in Italy (the name escapes me)...

But, that would require Merlin investing in maintenance...

They just need to get the new trains from Intamin that they put on the Colossus V2 they built over in Italy (the name escapes me)...

But, that would require Merlin investing in maintenance...

I would love Thorpe to invest in Colossus by putting in new non shoulder bar trains like at the clone in Italy. Would be better as feel more free.