New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

Waiting for hate but I swear most of Universal is screens so I think Thorpe with themeing being up to scale may be on the same league as Universal by 2018 

*Bender Laughing.gif*

If Thorpe ever build anything as good as Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley in the next 3 years then I think everyone on here would be astounded by it...

Or Men in Black...

Or Jurassic Park...

Or Transformers...

Or Spiderman...

Or the Simpsons food court, which is probably the best comparison to use when we're talking about a food outlet...

Waiting for hate but I swear most of Universal is screens so I think Thorpe with themeing being up to scale may be on the same league as Universal by 2018 

What do you think will happen by 2018? The dark ride will open in 2016 and there is a slim chance a coaster opens in 2017 or 2018.

I'm not sure you're going to get hate, just disbelief and confusion.

The new Pizza Pasta isn't too bad to be fair, the layout certainly makes much more sense than Pizza Hut's did.
However, the plates are ridiculously small!  When I pay an adult price I expect an adult sized plate, not something that you would struggle to fit more than three slices on without piling them up!  Very poor, if the plates had been of a decent size then I would have been fairly impressed, although I did prefer the food at Pizza Hut.

The new Pizza Pasta isn't too bad to be fair, the layout certainly makes much more sense than Pizza Hut's did.

However, the plates are ridiculously small! When I pay an adult price I expect an adult sized plate, not something that you would struggle to fit more than three slices on without piling them up! Very poor, if the plates had been of a decent size then I would have been fairly impressed, although I did prefer the food at Pizza Hut.

You can just go up and get more once you've finhshed.. Keeps it fresh then too!

You can just go up and get more once you've finhshed.. Keeps it fresh then too!

I was so embarrassed as the staff member kept noticing me coming back for more food and was joking around. The staff in the kitchen(and around the whole of the restaurant) were really friendly though and it's great they have the new clippers which hold the tray down as I was an absolute embarrassment and couldn't get the pizza out :lol:

Also loving the new additions of Garlic Bread and the juice machines compared to Pizza Hut.

A really nice improvement overall, looks and feels much better and getting the pizza was so much easier in terms of location and was being topped up much more often (despite it being empty).

Really pleased with this investment, they are slowly making the conversion to all in-brands which a resort should have instead of fast food outlets.

Yes obviously you can keep going up, but I see no reason for the plates to be so unnecessarily small that it makes it a complete pain, you either get a choice of pizza, pasta or salad per each plate, as if you try to fit more than one on it's just impossible and ends up going on the table!  Why are the plates so small out of interest?

Yes obviously you can keep going up, but I see no reason for the plates to be so unnecessarily small that it makes it a complete pain, you either get a choice of pizza, pasta or salad per each plate, as if you try to fit more than one on it's just impossible and ends up going on the table! Why are the plates so small out of interest?

I thought the plates were the same size as other Merlin pizza pastas.

I don't know for sure but I assume they are small to try stop people filling plates with loads of food and not eating it, small plates mean you can just go back up if you want more and can never really waste that much. That's just a guess though

I thought the plates were the same size as other Merlin pizza pastas.

I don't know for sure but I assume they are small to try stop people filling plates with loads of food and not eating it, small plates mean you can just go back up if you want more and can never really waste that much. That's just a guess though

They are the same as Chessington I think, but I think the ones at Towers are a bit bigger.  I have moaned about Chessington's in the past as well, I don't want massive plates but the ones at the moment are just ridiculously small.

Wish the main season would hurry up, am I seriously reading complaints about plate sizes in a BUFFET restaurant? The multiple walks up to the pizza counter will do good to burn off some of the calories!

It's not that much of a silly complaint to be honest, I could think of much less significant things to moan about like the fact that they have tacky cafe tables!  Bigger plates would mean less people going up, therefore less queues as well as just generally being less annoying.

Also, I thought the whole idea of paying an adult price in a buffet was that you got a bigger plate, that's how I remember it working in Pizza Hut and how I have seen it done everywhere other than at Merlin's pizza pasta brands, otherwise what exactly are you paying more for?

We need a photo of the plate please. Are we talking saucer size or are we just talking just slightly smaller then a dinner plate. Just enjoy it Ryan, this complaint will deliver us 3/4 weeks of discussion. Thorpe couldn't buy that kind of publicity.

I'm not taking pictures of plates, and there's no need for sarcastic remarks every time I make a comment you don't agree with.