Logger's Leap

Garyy

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt it, they will be too busy getting Angry birds land ready and ignoring Colossus knowing it needs a paint job! LOL

If anything is looks bad, but is is not that bad, I think we will have to just remember that only new rides get attention and the old rides are left to rot, (rumba and loggers) even when they are classic rides

Because basic maintenance doesn't bring in guests or income...

Of course, producing a well kept park with a good atmosphere will make guests happy, and therefore liable to spend more and even return and get friends to visit...

It's astounding how little Merlin seem to care about the basics of theme park presentation...

Ensuring that the park looks in top shape SHOULD be a priority...

Simple as... The parks have pressure washers, just need to get some fresh coats of paints on the rides or fix things as they break...

It just involves effort and budget, the latter of which isn't provided because there's no apparent return on "fixer-uppers"...

Loggers itself is waaay beyond a lick of paint or basic maintenance though. The ride building has rotted away in places, it's really noticeable as you re enter in the log at floor height and it has completely rotted away from the floor.

That's the bigger problem with not keeping up with maintenance, not only does it look bad at the time but it also lets the elements in to cause real damage in the future. Then the cost to repair is huge, a lot more than looking after it in the first place would have cost. Then Chessington happens.

If Thorpe were to repair/replace the tunnel and give some TLC to ride buildings and queue, it would be brilliant and another step forward to the park showing they have improved and slowly heading to become a world class park.

Unfortunately though, this is Merlin, and Merlin do not do up keeps of rides and attractiones well, unless it's a new attraction, Central Park area or it can be done as being able to be marketable, plus with the apparent action taking place in the other corner of the park, I cannot see them fixing up an ageing ride on the other side of the park, because that's what Merlin seem to do.

Even though Stealth has had quite a lot of attention in the last few years, I feel Loggers will continue to rot away until the ride is removed, unless were fortunate enough to ever see a Canada Creek facelift in the future, which even if there was a new ride, that's still not to say they would fix loggers.

I can't see anything happening to Loggers yet in terms of improvements, but I'd like to think it has more years left in it, and hopefully *some* sort of touch-up/work done to it (I do appreciate that it's not quite as simple as that though).

Yes, it's a shame about the tunnel, and the parts that are rotting away and need repainting, but the main thing that bothers me personally is the stench of the water! :bad: Presumably, nothing would be done about that though, as from what I understand: H&S has changed over the years with regards to water used on these rides, meaning water rides built since such changes have to use clean/filtered water, and seeing as Loggers was built before this came into place, they are not required to adhere to such rules? (Correct me if I am wrong, but that's what I've heard!)

Considering their signature coaster is Pinifari, this is quite true.

However they do have a rare ride known as the water chute and a fairly decent park railway too.

the railway is nice and water chute is decent but the staff there are terrible! I wont talk about the time a mother and child nearly got knocked over by the paratrooper as they had not been put in their seats.... :/

• 6 months later...

Loggers does not seem to be working too well recently. On friday the boats got jammed and people had to get off and they gave everyone on the ride and in the queue and they gave us all a water ride priority pass and then on Saturday I went round once and since the ride was empty they let me go again and it got jammed again at the bottom of the first lift and then eventually got reset and we got an all ride priority pass! Fair play to the staff they were very nice and let us know what was going on the whole time! Anyone know why its playing up a bit?

Loggers does not seem to be working too well recently. On friday the boats got jammed and people had to get off and they gave everyone on the ride and in the queue and they gave us all a water ride priority pass and then on Saturday I went round once and since the ride was empty they let me go again and it got jammed again at the bottom of the first lift and then eventually got reset and we got an all ride priority pass! Fair play to the staff they were very nice and let us know what was going on the whole time! Anyone know why its playing up a bit?

General age of the ride, maybe?

I remember it doing similar towards the end of last season as well. At fright nights last year it was doing the same thing, breaking down pretty much every day and getting evaced. Towards the end of fright nights, at 11 o clock I got stuck on it and ended up getting evaced and didn't open till the next day.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk