Logger's Leap

Garyy

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Underneath the latter of the outside area of saw, there are a load of water pumps connected to loggers leap suggesting there are water pressure issues or a system failure, or the tunnel area and surrounding bit may have flooded as in these areas the water level beside the trough was high in the tunnel and after there was a lot more water on the land then usual after the tunnel, which could mean the actual ride itself has flooded or a pipe was/is broken that is used to fill up the trough after the first drop or take water from before the hill.

• 2 months later...

I went on Loggers, Slammer and X with the mindset that it could be my last ever rides on them yesterday, but realistically I think that Slammer is the only one which is likely to go this winter.

I don't fear for the future of Loggers - it is one of the best queue shifters on park these days and a good log flume (it would be so much better with some TLC though, and bring back the tunnel!)

I did Slammer twice and Loggers twice on Sunday in case they are unavailable next year. X I'm not bothered about tbh so I didn't ride it. lots of rumours flying around about Loggers and it will be sad if it's not open next year but if it needs work doing on it then so be it (it is very old now!) - I personally never bother with Tidal Wave during the summer as it gets me too wet whereas Loggers gets me nice and refreshed wet (though it tastes nasty!). The other water rides bar Tidal Wave are pointless going on if your intention is to get wet - would be good if they did something to Rumba so you actually do get wet rather than the odd bit of splash if your lucky

I'm not expecting Loggers to go anywhere yet, however should it be receiving a major refurbishment next year, I will expect it to shut down in September time [which would make more sense considering it gets colder an darker then].

Slammer & X might be going [however the latter seems unlikely].

or it could be receiving a refurbishment from now, and they hope to open it in time for summer?

If the talk is true of Thorpe have some rides down all season and Loggers being one of them, I seriously hope to see a big clean up of the ride.. I'm not talking BTM at Paris style, but an entire season down means they better be up-keeping (aside from the ride hardware it's obviously lacked with Tussauds/Merlin) one of the best log flumes around.. that includes the tunnel !