February Half Term 2015

Marc

Arh ok the people I was asking have lied to me. Although air does have 3 trains...

Few things though. Air was walk on, both crafts were going out less then half empty, it only uses the third train when its running both stations. Having both stations open means double the staff members. Really not worth it to send two people out per train. We're talking the difference between full capacity and an appropriate capacity. Alton always seems to use the appropriate capacity on rides. 

Less than half full or half empty?

Ive never been to alton feb half term, its too far to go for just a few rides. It will be interesting to see if swarm and stealth open on 2 trains or just 1. If its 1 then the whole "event" could end up being pretty pointless as I doubt rush or slammer will be opening.

Back when it was Colossus (when it warmed up enough) and Inferno they had 2 trains available if needed - I'm sure that Stealth and Swarm will be a similar story. 

Less than half full or half empty?

Ive never been to alton feb half term, its too far to go for just a few rides. It will be interesting to see if swarm and stealth open on 2 trains or just 1. If its 1 then the whole "event" could end up being pretty pointless as I doubt rush or slammer will be opening.

Towers runs it rides appropriately - Air would be walk on with 2 trains, or a maximum 15 minute queue during Half Term.

Oblivion (when it was open) tended to run on 4 shuttles. Hopefully they'll get Blivs open this year, but who knows.

I can't believe people STILL give the same old rubbish of "Thorpe will only run one train to annoy guests and encourage Fastrack sales" - it's a load of rubbish...  

It's only cos they don't help themselves - selling fastrack at the entrance of one train operation rides, encouraging Fastrack sales over social media as a battle against short queues - their pathetic excuse for 1 train operation (it's best to say its not available rather than "to save energy"). Then again, thorpe has jobs open for mechanical and electrical engineers, and an electrical TL at the moment. So they're hopefully beefing up their department.

Few things though. Air was walk on, both crafts were going out less then half empty, it only uses the third train when its running both stations. Having both stations open means double the staff members. Really not worth it to send two people out per train. We're talking the difference between full capacity and an appropriate capacity. Alton always seems to use the appropriate capacity on rides.

Appropriate capacity...

Like when Nemesis is on 2 trains and is walk on, but they only use one, and keep the other one empty, which makes front row a pain!

Appropriate capacity...

Like when Nemesis is on 2 trains and is walk on, but they only use one, and keep the other one empty, which makes front row a pain!

So appropriate then. The second there's a slight queue they open both trains. Instantly. No need to close the ride for 10mins to put 2nd train on.

You can have your thorpe park 1 train goodness then, you obviously do not appreciate the better life!!

#firstgoonproblems

Why would anyone on walk on Nemesis be waiting for the front when there's an empty back row?

Front row's better, plus it's like my favourite ride in the UK so front row is completely worth it... Everyone has opinions.

Just annoying having to wait like 5-10 mins when any other row (which I don't like as much) is going empty anyway so may as well actually use the second train they have going around... Hate to not appreciate the better life, but that actually annoys me more than thorpes operations!

To make this post a bit more Feb half term related so we don't go off topic as usual... I'll be gutted if nemesis inferno isn't available as it's my second favourite!

They have confirmed that the line up is swarm, stealth and angry birds land with more... So far there is still nothing that indicates this is an event and the £5 charge is still insulting.

At the end of the day if you don't like the charge the easiest thing to do is not visit.

February half terms have allways been "events" even back when it was thrill chill - only difference is now we have multiple annual pass options of which the standard don't include these for free.

I refuse to visit them anymore. They dont value their customers, they just squeeze as much money out of them as possible. They add charges so you either pay them each time you visit or just pay an upgrade fee so the charges go away. I sent a complaint to them 21 days ago with still no reply so I'm assuming I'm never getting one. Ive had enough of them. The only reason I will ever visit them again is so I can ride stealth and I will carry out that trip so merlin dont see a single penny.

I refuse to visit them anymore. They dont value their customers, they just squeeze as much money out of them as possible. They add charges so you either pay them each time you visit or just pay an upgrade fee so the charges go away. I sent a complaint to them 21 days ago with still no reply so I'm assuming I'm never getting one. Ive had enough of them. The only reason I will ever visit them again is so I can ride stealth and I will carry out that trip so merlin dont see a single penny.

You can't say you're never going to visit but still say that "I'll only go for Stealth and ensure they get no money from me", something which is presumably quite difficult without owning a MAP to avoid park entry or parking fees...

I'm only intending on visting the park once more so I can use up my priority passes. Will not be buying lunch, I got my MAP from tesco vouchers last year, I'm not driving there and I wont be buying any drinks. Also my other reason for going is I dont want my last time at the park to be as bad as my final visit this year. I know it may sound odd that I'm refusing to visit but want to go one more time but its becuase I like the rides there and have been going for so many years. But in recent years the parks management has been in a nose dive and I'm fed up with them.

I'm only intending on visting the park once more so I can use up my priority passes. Will not be buying lunch, I got my MAP from tesco vouchers last year, I'm not driving there and I wont be buying any drinks. Also my other reason for going is I dont want my last time at the park to be as bad as my final visit this year. I know it may sound odd that I'm refusing to visit but want to go one more time but its becuase I like the rides there and have been going for so many years. But in recent years the parks management has been in a nose dive and I'm fed up with them.

So actually you've had 12 months worth of entry for effectively nothing (assuming you were buying goods from tesco anyway) and you're moaning about value for money?

Riiiiiiiigggghhhtttt........

Yes I am. Ever since it became a multiple tier system, ive hated them for it as its resulted in the park becoming worse. I used to pay for passes before that but year on year they raise the price and you get less and less for the pass. I will admit that a lot of the hate I throw at them is exaggerated however when it comes to devaluing the passes it really does annoy me, even if I haven't paid for one. 

You "hate" them so much that you still use your club card points on their product and they make money from it....

Hate is a very strong word! Standard passes are very good value for money when you look at them as an individual product but it's clear to see that the premium is even better value for most!

I don't agree with the £5 surcharge, but you make very bold statements on here and it's hard to take you seriously!