February Half Term 2015

Marc

Making standard pass holders pay £5 for that line up is particularly poor. I would imagine they would add Detonator, X and possibly a flat to that line up as well, however I wouldn't be surprised if that was the full line up for the event as is very similar to the amount of rides chessington open up for their event(although they have so much more to do with the zoo, shows and sealife).

I assume (read: hope) there will be more rides in the line up; as SCB points out, it still says the line up includes those rides, not is those rides.  It could well be the case that the park aren't wholly certain if some rides will be ready in time, so are just holding out a bit.

I'd guess that once the entire line up is confirmed, Thorpe will make an announcement over social media about it - after all, it's been a question most people have been asking Thorpe for several weeks!

Personally I find the inclusion of depth charge a little odd. Out of all the rides they could of opened didn't think it would be depth charge. Very pleased about flying fish however and indeed depth charge. suppose it's because all these rides are close to each other. Eg depth fish and swarm. Maybe vortex or quantum will open as these are relitively near to depth, fish etc.

I doubt vortex or quantum would open, they have been having particularly bad seasons recently and to knacker them out would be beyond pointless. The only flat ride I would sensibly open is detonator, as even something like rush was performing particularly poor last year.

I doubt inferno will open, they would have probably announced it if it was open along with swarm and stealth. I think the line up they have released will roughly be what's open with a possible couple of added extras such as X, detonator and possibly tea cups.

Chessington is a far more anticipating offer, about the same amount of rides as thorpe open although admittedly less intense as well as the sealife centre, zoo and shows! All for £4 less than thorpe are charging, chessington is hopefully on the cards for me this year for African adventures!

Thing with Inferno is maybe they're not too sure yet if it will be ready in time. You don't want to announce it and not have it ready, plus it's much better to know for certain you'll have Stealth and Swarm as these are easier to market as the parks icon and newest coaster.

A few flats will surely be added and tea cups is inevitable as it's in the right area.

Guess we'll find out for sure in just over 2 weeks

One would expect/hope there are a few more filler rides to be added to that list, the 4 lost city flats near the entrance for example, and Inferno and Det as well should come in...

As a line up if all those things were open, would mean only 3 big rides shut, 2 of which would be down to the chill factor potentially being a problem...

Have to see won't we?

One would expect/hope there are a few more filler rides to be added to that list, the 4 lost city flats near the entrance for example, and Inferno and Det as well should come in...

This could well happen but I can only view it as a dreadful move business wise for thorpe and would cost them more money in the long run:

The four lost city flats; Vortex, Rush, Quantum and Zodiac are absoutely knackered and are clearly coming towards the end of their life. To spend extra money to get them running in the cold will not only cost thorpe more money to open them and operate theme however will mean their life span is considerably shorter and in the long run the attractions will have to be placed sooner. Let's face it, thorpe doesn't have a that big budget, and if they do they choose not to use it on investments, the last thing thorpe wants in the near future is their flat rides dying so they have to replace them which is why they spend money on ride maintenance instead.

Opening up the four flats isn't a wise move business wise however it is a possibility.

As mentioned above, I'm absolutely certain more rides will be appearing.

One must remember Chessington has its zoo (and sea life) in addition to its selected rides open, whilst Thorpe doesn't, so the park will likely be looking at opening as many rides for this event (that are feed able to operate).

In addition to what's already been announced, I believe Inferno, Detty, banana, Teqcups and X could do this well. I've even heard rumours of the Caroulsel staying (just for the event).

This could well happen but I can only view it as a dreadful move business wise for thorpe and would cost them more money in the long run:

The four lost city flats; Vortex, Rush, Quantum and Zodiac are absoutely knackered and are clearly coming towards the end of their life. To spend extra money to get them running in the cold will not only cost thorpe more money to open them and operate theme however will mean their life span is considerably shorter and in the long run the attractions will have to be placed sooner. Let's face it, thorpe doesn't have a that big budget, and if they do they choose not to use it on investments, the last thing thorpe wants in the near future is their flat rides dying so they have to replace them which is why they spend money on ride maintenance instead.

Opening up the four flats isn't a wise move business wise however it is a possibility.

No idea if any of them will be open or not, but if they were ready having the Lost City flats open for one week would have no effect on the long-term 'lifespan' of any of them.

That Rush would be at the end of it's 'lifespan' after 10 years is also a strange claim to make...

Zodiac is about the same age now (since it's the one from Drayton) as well...

As Dan says, an extra week (bearing in mind there'll be some time for maintenance AFTER half term as well) is not going to make all 4 Lost City flats suddenly die and need replacing...

Of course though, if the parks hadn't been so badly treated during the DIC years, then maybe the rides being knackered wouldn't be an issue...

Rush has only just started its strip down.they would have had to work amazingly fast to get it ready. I also think that the other lost city flats are in a similar situation.

The line is ok, not amazing but offers variety. Couldn't justify paying for that day. I may like stealth but with possible 1 train op I'm just not up for the traveling even if it was free.I understand it's difficult to get the staff, the rides in working order ect. but I'm a little disappointed in the whole event.

Rush has only just started its strip down.they would have had to work amazingly fast to get it ready. I also think that the other lost city flats are in a similar situation.

The line is ok, not amazing but offers variety. Couldn't justify paying for that day. I may like stealth but with possible 1 train op I'm just not up for the traveling even if it was free.I understand it's difficult to get the staff, the rides in working order ect. but I'm a little disappointed in the whole event.

But you will, watch and wait ;)