Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

1 hour ago, MattyMoo said:

Sorry for double post but I've heard it could be going vertical soon.

Nice try, but I already have made my super-accurate prediction... ;)

On 9/26/2023 at 5:40 PM, JoshC. said:

This is a placeholder post.

I will edit this post when vertical construction starts, claiming the exact date and time it will go vertical.

It's the perfect crime.

On 10/2/2023 at 10:43 AM, tactic said:

Am I going to come back tomorrow and see this post say the 4th when construction inevitably doesn't start then... 😂

... 👀

On 10/2/2023 at 10:27 AM, JoshC. said:

To follow up on my previous post, I 4th I heard it may be going up soon 🏗

(In my defence, I wasn't making this up, but last minute changes do occur!)

3 hours ago, ML27 said:

Hyperia got approved a few weeks ago

Cheers, kids crying now. I still bloody hate that name. But in all seriousness, it's not been approved *just* yet - its current status is Application Published (which is further than the Icarus application got), but it still means it's sat there waiting for any objections - I don't think it'll be a name reveal just yet, but there's been a lot of movement on site today regarding supports, so if it starts to go vertical at any point today - that'll likely be what the 'announcement' is.

I take it back, I think we could be looking at something big tonight actually. John Burton has posted a countdown on his Instagram story, and now it looks as if there's banners waiting to be unveiled on the bridge. They're rolled up at the minute, but looking at the side you can definitely tell it's in the Exodus black & gold branding. This is a lot of teasing and effort for a simple "hey we've gone vertical!" announcement.

I'm now set on us either having a name reveal or at the very least the beginning of the marketing rollout happening tonight. Perhaps if there's no name reveal (as I said, although it's looking unlikely the trademark application will be rejected, it is still sat waiting for any objections so doesn't really make sense to go all out in the case of a last-minute objection) we'll at least get an idea for the theming.

Project Exodus is about to get very, very real ladies and gentlemen!

136_2023-10-051696518251.45651830535.jpg136_2023-10-051696518251.9689728201122.jpg

• JoshC. changed the title to Hyperia - New for 2024

Don’t mind it! Seems like yesterday when they revealed Project Stealth was to be called… Stealth! So at least a bit more of a surprise than that was 😄

So we’ll have a bit of a Greek inspired corner of the park going on - Hyperia, and Colossus (Medusa fountain pit, Greek inspired name). Know areas aren’t a “thing” anymore but nice there will be a bit of a link with Lost City

Do we know if thorpe park are going to blend the 2 colours of the track/supports on hyperia like they did on stealth using paint? Watching the official pov with yesterday’s announcement, the stark difference between the white and gold track just looks really out of place.