Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

'Future of thrills' more than likely refers to the ride's reliance on modern elements. These elements are very unique with some being found on only a select few RMC's and Intamin coasters. As well as the fact it's a hyper coaster with lap bars. It's setting an exciting future for the kind of coaster design we'll see in the UK going forward, we're playing catch up with the rest of the world.

34 minutes ago, CineramaMax said:

'Future of thrills' more than likely refers to the ride's reliance on modern elements. These elements are very unique with some being found on only a select few RMC's and Intamin coasters. As well as the fact it's a hyper coaster with lap bars. It's setting an exciting future for the kind of coaster design we'll see in the UK going forward, we're playing catch up with the rest of the world.

So less the Future of Thrills, and more the Present of Thrills? ;)

Given that we've now seen (probably) the font that the park will be using for the official branding once the coaster name is revealed - I decided to see how the leaked potential names and therefore coaster branding could look:

Hyperia:

Spoiler

Uppercase:

Hyperia-UPPERCASE.thumb.png.92083eada92353c312c26d99cb7909fa.png

Lowercase:

Hyperia-LOWERCASE.thumb.png.a46404eafb01f6629b23db05ae678244.png

And lastly... let's take a look at what could've been (if the application wasn't opposed)... Icarus:

Spoiler

Uppercase:

Icarus-UPPERCASE.thumb.png.506c4f4a0ab53d2643c95b5315a41c3b.png

Lowercase:

Icarus-LOWERCASE.thumb.png.240371e7044c7c6459cb8ee3759d44bd.png

I don't hate it - definitely fits the vibes they're aiming for - but also looks very early 2000's to me (and not in a 'purposefully nostalgic' sense, but literally looks like it was designed in 2000). If somebody told me this was for a coaster set to open in 2003, I would believe you.

Personally still would've preferred a slightly brighter gold (as it pretty much just looks brown to me), but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

I delved into the plans for Exodus and had a look when we might see things go vertical: https://thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/28-08-2023/When+Might+Project+Exodus+go+Vertical

In short:

-Vertical construction looks set to start mid-next month

-Set to finish before Christmas

-Testing to happen from late January

-Potentially ready to open in time for Easter holidays

On 8/22/2023 at 12:46 PM, MattyMoo said:

QR code takes you here:

https://thorpe-park.leadfamly.com/project-exodus

The little fire bits floating around are called ember in the coding, I would be surprised if there was some fire in the branding considering Inferno is round the corner. Could be looking too much into things there, anyway...

On this one- the ember things look a bit like burnt/flaming feathers, and Icarus flew too close to the sun and his wings melted/burnt off. But I also may be looking into it too much. If they wanted to do a full on Icarus story, and then are unable to call it Icarus, perhaps they changed their mind. But flying too close to the sun does go with the tall height part.

On 8/29/2023 at 11:19 AM, jessica2 said:

On this one- the ember things look a bit like burnt/flaming feathers, and Icarus flew too close to the sun and his wings melted/burnt off. But I also may be looking into it too much. If they wanted to do a full on Icarus story, and then are unable to call it Icarus, perhaps they changed their mind. But flying too close to the sun does go with the tall height part.

I think that theme would be kinda good to be honest. I’ve never really liked the idea of the egyptian theme but if it’s themed like this I don’t think it would be too bad.

Apparently Track arriving next week and construction due to go vertical at the end of the week or the start of the week after if everything stays on plan. Mini heat wave next week should help that along. 

Station footers phase 1 have gone in, and work is now progressing on footers for the lift hill and the top end of the site where the double turnaround elements will be. 

Pace seems to be picking up frantically, but still think march is aggressive given the volume of work to do on site including the reinstating of the lake! 

3 hours ago, tactic said:

Do they even have enough gold/lower supports to start vertical construction soon? Last time I rode swarm (about a week and a half ago) there were still only the same amount that was in JS’s video.

Would absolutely love to see track arrive though, can’t wait until that happens!

Obviously no expert, but they’re have been two confirmed sightings of supports arriving this week, and DG95 posted to say that the island behind swarm was “filling up” 

Reports suggest 5 deliveries next week with track due on Wednesday allegedly. Vertical to start potentially on Thursday according to a few sources on twitter or X. 

Of course, could all be hype, JS said he thought it would be the week he gets back from Orlando, which I think is the following week. 

I rode Swarm today. Whilst there's certainly more supports, I wouldn't say the island is "filling up". They're also primarily white supports. Of course, they can (and will) store supports elsewhere too, so this shouldn't be a hard indication of how much is on park.

I've seen a couple of people talk of track deliveries and vertical construction in the coming week. I haven't seen such rumours come from a usual reliable source. Equally, when supports were first delivered, there was no prior rumour going about. So I think any rumour should be taken with a big heap of salt.

Not to say those things will happen  this week, but don't count on it.

6 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Apparently going vertical is not in the area you'd expect, whatever that means.

So therefore, I expect a number of supports to appear where Slammer is SBNO #MattyMoo83IconExclusive 

Heard it’s the station this week on a few sources. Looking at the most recent update from TPG they’re saying 80% of footers complete and steel for station has been spotted. 

Site looks like it needs a bloody good clear up though, right mess at the moment 

On 9/4/2023 at 10:16 AM, Parm Pap said:

we March on to the year after this, but it May be a bit later than planned. unless we dong ding ding, ding dong ding, ding dong, dong dong. then we might make the goal, but with a surprise.

I would sell my soul for Exodus to open tomorrow just so we never have to listen to this nonsense ever again. 

3 hours ago, Mark9 said:

I would sell my soul for Exodus to open tomorrow just so we never have to listen to this nonsense ever again. 

It's just Hector Salamanca from breaking bad dinging his bell.

On a real note this person has been actively going on here since exodus was announced and been constant with their crap attempt at trolling but I guess it gets boring being unemployed ding ding ding.

• JoshC. changed the title to Hyperia - New for 2024