Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

On 7/24/2023 at 10:41 AM, JackJRDN said:

After watching Dominic Gardeners recent Carnival video, the set of Tarrot cards he dealt leads me to feel the real name for Exodus could be Odyssey.

"Odyssey" meaning a long and adventurous journey, also very similar to the poster in trailers, X:\0dus.

I think it should be called Prime. 

wurp, wurp, WURP WURP WURP

well here I am again with a clue for everyone

a delivery soon that you know what we're about

see it on timelines, it's a hype you can't ignore, you see it arrive, and then in the sky, 

it's going, going, building in intensity, coming soon here it will be so tall, see it building, it will be so fast and tall, this will be it all about, this is what we'll do

Still think from theme park guides latest update, we are 2 months away from going vertical. Lots of footers are now complete, however probably only 10% at best. I see a minimum of 6 further weeks to complete these, before vertical construction can likely begin. However the compact nature of the coaster should streamline the time to assemble once it goes vertical.

Given the fact that there are several elements that are not only taller than stealths but more complex in construction due to the quantity of supports compared to a B&M design, I would expect construction to take significantly longer than the swarm. 

There are some big structures which will need assembling that exceed the 150ft mark, I believe in the plans 2 months are allocated for the vertical construction element. 

On 4/22/2023 at 10:46 AM, Mattgwise said:

The original plans stated 15 months approximately including

• 5 to 6 months of infilling conditions to resolve
  • 3 months foundations.
  • 80 days (nearly 3 months) of vertical construction
  • 78 days (nearly 3 months) electronics
  • 28 days (nearly 1 month) testing and commissioning

Reminder of the rough timespan. Just over 2.5 months allocated for the vertical construction. 

2 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Just to add to this - concrete doesn't set when it's peeing it down with rain 😆

Actually with the right admixtures it will 😏 once the chemical reaction starts, hence how concrete can be poured under water. However generally you are correct, concrete isn’t poured in the rain as the increase in water content affects concrete strength. Not something you want in a coaster of this size!! 

2 hours ago, Vinlarr89 said:

Actually with the right admixtures it will 😏

Good point! TPM Trivia: I work for a company that sells reinforcement bar & mesh amongst other things, so back in the day sold rebar to Project Dylan, LC12 and SW7. Unfortunately the customer in question no longer works with Merlin for... reasons 👀 Would have loved to have supplied Exodus but not a contractor on my radar alas 😱

• 2 weeks later...

Got a feeling those pictures will be followed by a silkstone update as he usually seems to be the one taking the official photos. That will likely include the arrival of gold parts! 

Anyway from the update I must say, groundwork’s are so much more complicated than depicted on the plans! Good progress being made in what looks a vey congested and complex series of footers to produce 

8 hours ago, JoshC. said:

Being world roller coaster day tomorrow, I wonder if that's when Thorpe are planning to pull the trigger on their first proper piece of marketing on the ride. 

Jacks latest video states to watch out on the construction boards because they will be changing at some point. Tomorrow will be an ideal day to do that, definitely will know something by tomorrow according to the passholder page too

5 minutes ago, tactic said:

I was just about to post that. :(

I’m going to be honest they are not the colour for me though. The gold just seems very dark, almost brown to me, I just don’t think it’s what I was expecting unfortunately.

I think it’s a nice colour, ultimately depends on the lighting. It’s not tacky, it could have been very tacky and cheap. This colour also hides dirt a bit better considering it’s over water.

13 minutes ago, ML27 said:

Jacks latest video states to watch out on the construction boards because they will be changing at some point. Tomorrow will be an ideal day to do that, definitely will know something by tomorrow according to the passholder page too

Just to update this, the park have since said this:IMG_9928.thumb.jpeg.9e95e8c44c43dd1c9de35e5ed3002541.jpeg

30 minutes ago, ML27 said:

Credit to Jack Silkstones instagram, the gold supports!

IMG_9925.jpeg

IMG_9924.jpeg

Think these will look different when they’re in situ. My only concern is how they will age as they fade. 

just watched the site update video. A lot to take in. Massive amount of work has clearly gone in to reach this point. Actually surprised by the amount of footers complete. Still think it’s a month off anything going vertical personally 

The park (on the passholder group) have been mentioning that September is looking like the month that the supports start to go into place - which after watching Jack's construction update very much does look like a very likely situation.

They have also teased that something may be posted at golden hour tomorrow (technically today as I write this), which for those of you who don't know (I won't insult your intelligence) is at sunset - which I believe is some time between half 7 and half 8 tomorrow night. This came as a direct result of somebody asking for updated teasers on the construction walls, to which the park responded something along the lines of "we were thinking something more digital 👀", so looking very likely that we'll get our very first video teaser for Project Exodus tomorrow night!!

I absolutely cannot wait for the marketing of this coaster to start gearing up. My bets are still pretty firmly set on an Egyptian theme for this coaster, but only time will tell!

• JoshC. changed the title to Hyperia - New for 2024