Project Exodus - New for 2024 (Hopefully)

Mysterio Ka

• 2 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/J_Silkstone/status/1591891248180527104

Using this as its the first one I found and others are on facebook groups that may link

Due to Exodus construction requiring the train shed to be demolished, the Canada Creek Stock and the last remaining Treasure island loco on site (the other loco  and coaches left to other lines years ago)

The Canada creek locos I have heard are heading up to a line in Scotland, probably needing a  bit of work by Severn Lamb (the manufacturer who also made the ride vehicles for DBGT), though even the one that had a fire put in its cab and put on its side is still in good nick, the design of those locos used a diesel engine and hydraulic pump in the tender with only a hydraulic motor in the loco that they themed for fright nights

The Treasure Island loco has been sold as well but is first retuning to its manufacture Alan Keef for a full overhaul before moving on

so even though some posts said wrongly, they are not being scrapped

11 hours ago, 1729 said:

https://twitter.com/J_Silkstone/status/1591891248180527104

Using this as its the first one I found and others are on facebook groups that may link

Due to Exodus construction requiring the train shed to be demolished, the Canada Creek Stock and the last remaining Treasure island loco on site (the other loco  and coaches left to other lines years ago)

The Canada creek locos I have heard are heading up to a line in Scotland, probably needing a  bit of work by Severn Lamb (the manufacturer who also made the ride vehicles for DBGT), though even the one that had a fire put in its cab and put on its side is still in good nick, the design of those locos used a diesel engine and hydraulic pump in the tender with only a hydraulic motor in the loco that they themed for fright nights

The Treasure Island loco has been sold as well but is first retuning to its manufacture Alan Keef for a full overhaul before moving on

so even though some posts said wrongly, they are not being scrapped

This is actually really exciting to hear. I never for a second even considered the fact that they might be repurposed - my mind just jumped straight to them being thrown on the scrap heap. Really excited at the possibility of other people being able to enjoy what once was, allowing Canada Creek to live on in some way or another!

From facebook from the person who hauled the stock out, one set is going to East Links Family Park in Dunbar

As for the thought they be scrapped straight away

Fact is the rolling stock there are solid commercial machines and are relatively robust, plus they would been relatively well looked after

Fact about railway stuff, its rare stuff is outright scrapped as long as its decent and usable with a bit of TLC the thorpe stuff is more than