Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

And in news closer to home, Phantasialand's new ride for 2013 has a model...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's SOME undetermined water ride and seems that it will involve some ride retheme (I.e. Colorado Adventure) to remove the remainder of the Wild West and create a massive Mexican area...

And in news closer to home, Phantasialand's new ride for 2013 has a model...

Posted Image

It's SOME undetermined water ride and seems that it will involve some ride retheme (I.e. Colorado Adventure) to remove the remainder of the Wild West and create a massive Mexican area...

The bunny hop after the drop screams Mack to me. Water coaster please :D

Silver Dollar City are opening a Rocky Mountain Coaster (woodie) next year. Constrcution is happening very quickly and it seems it will do something very special...

Posted Image

Posted Image

By the look of the curve already in place it could be a very steep overbanked turn but the next set of supports will be positioned in front and to the right of the photo. Are we looking at the first ever zero g-roll on a wooden coaster? I really hope Merlin are keeping an eye on this.

3 pages of more images can be found here: http://midwestinfogu...t2013/06.27.12/

That's actually a very extreme Stengel Dive; I think it was scarycoasterboy that pointed this out in some other topic. Either way, look a lot more impressive than the last Stengel Dive, which sort of of looked like it didn't really have any snap at all (cough cough SkyRush).

If Thorpe ever got a woodie, I can see them exploring putting this sort of element in (if it works on this coaster). Marketing could do wonders with it, as the public would lap it up.

Can't wait to see videos of trains going through that!

Posted Image

Hang on a second... WTF is this?

Somebody needs a decent POV when it opens before this thing rips apart and falls down. The ride's name is to be announced in just under a month so I'm really excited to see how this turns out.

Ah the Silver Dollar City woodie, can someone please post this in the questions for Thorpe Park topic ;)

Liking the whole "Big Grizzly Mountain" twist on the BGM series of coasters. Although in the case of DLP they already have the best version of BGM out of all the parks by some distance so I couldn't imagine the system being changed just yet....

So Etnaland's new and quite frankly amazing looking rollercoaster "The Storm" is now completed!

Posted Image

And not only that but it is now testing with riders!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Does anyone else think that purple looks mighty beautiful?! :wub:

Posted Image

Best looking rollercoaster outside of the Uk may have already won for me...

so they've finished a roller coaster, which doesn't open for at least 7 months??? seems legit.

or is there a lot of theming to be done? even without theming I love the look of this ride!

They are building a whole park though, I don't blame them for getting the bigger projects done first

so they've finished a roller coaster, which doesn't open for at least 7 months??? seems legit.

or is there a lot of theming to be done? even without theming I love the look of this ride!

OzIris was completed around this time last year, then got some of the best theming in Europe...

It happens...

Apparently Hopi Hari are getting one of those Intamin 12 inversion coasters.

A No Limits version of the layout and a picture from the Intamin magazine for those who are interested:

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Io5kLxDOf8&feature=player_embedded

Credit to Loefet on CoasterForce for making the video.

I think that's just rumour because they've just bought a 10 inversion coaster. It's the same layout as Colossus, just with the new supports and a cable lift

I think that's just rumour because they've just bought a 10 inversion coaster. It's the same layout as Colossus, just with the new supports and a cable lift

I remember seeing some pictures of that actually. I put 'apparently' at the start because I was a bit confused myself. Still thought it was worth a mention though :P

You may remember when I posted about the new Mondial ride idea for 2012, the 'Turbine.'

The first Mondial Turbine makes it's debut at Tilburg on the 20th July. The ride stands at approximately 215ft tall (absolutely huge for a ride of this type) and looks really quite spectacular... It's pretty much the Mondial take on a Booster, some say that Boosters can be repetitive, but the Turbine has cars identical to the Mondial 'Capriolo 10' which can be manually braked and also rotate 360º on two axis, which creates an incredibly intense ride experience, I'm sure this ride will be a big hit for the company and is only the beginning of this trend of 200ft+ booster type rides, with KMG set to debut a 230ft 'Speed' and 'Inversion' over the next few years. The Turbine takes 20 riders at a time, some pictures below... :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The fan on the Capriolo's make an awesome roaring sound (all for effect), glad to see they've carried that over to this ride type too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks awesome towering over the Fabbri ride behind it in the distance... Can't wait to see some videos of this brilliant looking ride! :o:D

Photo's credit to Robert Buisman and Jurjen Haagsma.