Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

Skyrush... Wow, what an amazing looking coaster!

Agree that the coaster itself looks pretty damn good, much better than expected. But I still think the seating on those trains is a mess, what is it trying to be? Who are you supposed to be sitting with? It's a kind of staggered four person wide floorless car, and then try to market it as winged? Nonsense. Decide what you want and build it, don't just mix up a load of other stuff.

It looks excellent. What it looks in physical elements it makes up for in a very well designed layout. I liked the guys frankness, people are too quick to call things slow on the internet based on a POV.

XFlight looks brill. :D

And now only a few days after the first test runs, Skyrush is now starting to test the catch car speed without cars on the lift. My god that motor is massive from ABB, no wonder it makes the catch car go at such as speed, in the video on Facebook linked below, you can see just how fast the trains will be going up that lift! :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3532748750927&set=o.197071770330160&type=3&theater

Posted Image

Not really sure why there is surprise about these tunnels. The park doesn't have any heavily themed rides (Italian Job was stripped I believe) and the park is owned by Cedar Fair. The 'scream tubes' are par for the course.

Posted Image

Sure they could add themeing but the park has ridiculous attendance already and now the world's only B&M giga. I doubt they feel much need.

Wow, that X-Flight POV makes it look really fast - much faster than the other wingrider POVs I'd say.

And good news about Verbolten - even if it is a bit of a Th13teen rip off with the theming idea and some of the sequencing, it is the new ride of 2012 I'd most want to ride outside of the European..

The first Shambhala POV has emerged online!

They have done a much better job than Thorpe at timing the water effects :D But seriously, it looks like an amazing coaster and in a park that I need to get back to ( not even done furious backache, wasn't built when I went :( )