Parks, Rides And Coaster News

MikeC

What's the betting they've stolen a design already in the world.

Stolen is when a Chinese company knocks off their own dodgy clone such as the Maurer spinner rip offs. Building a layout already in existence hardly constitutes as theft when B&M are likely to have offered that option.

Lex Luthor's restraints are installed at SFMM and look like they're just lap bars with something more reassuring to hold onto... :P Intamin really have had a massive variation in their ride hardware designs lately, I can imagine this ride is going to leave you feeling very exposed at 415ft up!

Posted Image

I can't imagine many want to go in it tbh, I just about managed Hurrakan Condor at Port Aventura, just probs wouldn't go on it

HC has 20 seats and LL has 16 seats, not a huge difference, I imagine the lift up will be pretty speedy too :P

If rumours are to believed, it looks like the 6th Wing rider will be appearing at Cedar Point. The park is investing $25 million in 2013.

Key Quotes

The Swiss-based Bolliger & Mabillard Consulting Engineers is set to design the new ride, which was described in the memo as having a “Front Gate Statement— a roller coaster that flies overhead, rolls and flies back— highly visible above guests entering the park.”

The new ride at Cedar Point could promise to be a work horse available to guests at almost any time they are in the park.

“Rob talked to operators of the first one in Italy and found no unanticipated negatives and very high ride reliability (less than 1 percent operational downtime).

Design plans show the new ride with a 170-foot tall lift that will fly overhead of park guests entering the park. It will have the longest track and longest ride time of any coaster of its style as it flies overhead, rolls and then fly back.

The huge roller coaster will dominate the front gate and the track will travel over a large parking area at the park.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/sandusky/belaboring-point/cedar-point/blog-cedar-points-wing-coaster-answers-enthusiasts-prayer

Will be interesting if they go down the wing-rider route.

The UK has recently received a brand new Technical Park Loop Fighter, 'AtmosFear' which is owned by showman Stanley Reeves (S&D Leisure Rides) looks to be a great addition to have in the UK, and the only ride of it's type here too! The ride features all-LED lighting and brilliant artwork, video below. :)

In other news, the new KMG ride type, 'Sicko' (pictured below) has been reported by KMG to have made it's first successful test runs in their factory! I can imagine this is going to be a very intense, unique and extreme ride, looking forward to seeing more of this.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

So DIVERTICAL, we haven't herd about you in a while!

So? ;)

In all seriousness, it does look better, but I still think it's a pretty poor addition to a park with an otherwise stellar line-up of coasters. The beginning part particularly just appears to go nowhere - perhaps a little more themeing might disguise the fact the ride just meanders about in the desert.

It ain't gonna get anymore theming...

It just looked turd, is pointless in a park with nearly enough every other water ride already in existence, and has a really stupid looking drop...

I wish the B&M Dive Machine rumours had been true :(

EDIT - Oh, and yeah, why the hell aren't we talking about Cars Land (now open with Beuna Vista Street)?

Posted Image

http://www.westcoaster.net/updates.php?updateCD=061912

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS?

Time for an Asia Disney update...

Starting with Tokyo Disneysea's version of Toy Story Mania, based in the America Waterfront area, and based off the old Luna Park style parks...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks very nice, similar to California's style really... But yet again this will prove to be an excessively popular addition to an already excellent park...

Elsewhere, in Hong Kong, the current major expansion of areas is continuing with the new Big Grizzly Mountain coaster suddenly appearing finished out of nowhere and POV from staff previews has been sighted...

Needless to say, this also looks awesome, seemingly combing elements from Big Thunder Mountains and Expedition Everest and resulting in this awesome piece of kit... Personal highlights are the 'sudden' reverse drop due to the breaking cable and the launch that comes due to the bear activating the dynamite...

If Mystic Manor (the trackless version of Haunted Mansion) is anywhere near the quality of this, Hong Kong Disney might well become an excellent park in the future...