Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

I got 10% off, not that it matters as I have a MAP.

The track sighting is interesting, but I'm not getting excited yet - it may be theming.

Regarding the hydraulics company, I'm not expecting the attraction to have a launch (going by the size of the train carriage, there isn't room in the building).  Could it be something as simple as an air piston effect (similar to that seen at the end of Sub Terra?)

That fracking poster is annoying me more than it should, why is it going all pseudo-political all of a sudden?

I like the 2+2=5 connection of a hydraulics company being involved, therefore a launch... SOOOO many things use hydraulics, especially if it's a Simworx simulator involved...

The track could be from an Immersive Tunnel, since it moves forwards and backwards... No need to go cred crazy just yet...

Why haven't they put a simple explanation on their social media profiles or the 12p ticket website, rather than emailing individuals at different times?

The gesture is fantastic, however I still don't know how they ballsed up the release of the tickets, and why they're doing this so terribly too

No, there was still a window where you could sign up all the same but then you would find the sold out message. However a fair while after 10AM the place where you could put your details was removed and replaced with a sold out message.

If you saw nothing but a sold out message upon looking at the page then you will not have been entered. On the other hand if you saw the section to enter your details and once you had you then saw a sold out message - you will have been entered.

Sorry. This is absolutly unnecessary. It is almost as if the park wants to annoy guests. I was not on my PC but another device. NO option to sign in earlier. I am really angry with the park for making people like me suffer. I waited and refreshed the page from 9:30 and there was absolutely NOTHING to sign in at an earlier date.

This is something I rarely say. Thorpe park and merlin seriously messed up!

That's odd, mine showed up at 10:10. Unfortunately it seems that the issue was unexpected and so I'm not going to fault them for it. They are trying to help and it would seem a lot of people had this issue as its a prize draw with 4000 tickets, imagine how many have been entered into it - I don't expect anything from the resort as I had nothing before, however I see what You mean, oh well - life goes on all the same.

Yes I got the sold out page after inputting details - I thought it was a fault so tried again with another email address - I've had an email on both addresses, so should I be successful on both, I will let someone have them on here. Apparently each winner gets 4 tickets in this draw.

I hope those posters aren't to close to the queue line. I can imagine a restless average Thorpe goer ripping them.

I believe that the posters are made out of wood, so no ripping should happen! Doesn't mean that vandalism won't happen though of course...

The posters are quite cool; wonder just how relevant they are to the overall experience?

I believe that the posters are made out of wood, so no ripping should happen! Doesn't mean that vandalism won't happen though of course...

The posters are quite cool; wonder just how relevant they are to the overall experience?

I hope so, it made me cry everytime I saw the ones at Ratatouille getting all tatty from guests.

I've meant to ask this before - is that woodchip/plyboard underneath the "Ghost Train Shop" sign on the exterior, as if the sign isn't big enough? :P

EDIT: Also assume No Drill No Spill is a fracking reference too. Hmmmm! Similarly to Benin - if there is some anti-fracking undertone to this ride then - that's a bit bizarre and I won't be too impressed ;)

It's also good for setting your tap water on fire.  If Derren is anti-frakking and has used this as an opportunity to express his views, then I've no problem with that, but it's probably just part of the show (maybe it's how you 'escape' like with the tube train at Shrek).

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic