Jump to content
TPC

Fright Nights 2019 - General Discussion

Recommended Posts

Think I should create a drinking game for this Fright Nights Press Night thing, depending on what happens. 

 

Looks like I’m sloshed. 

 

I look forward to these updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't the purpose of these press events to take pictures/videos, promote the event and give reviews?  It seems strange to spend the entire evening in a bar/not posting any reviews if you've been invited to one of these events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coaster said:

Isn't the purpose of these press events to take pictures/videos, promote the event and give reviews?  It seems strange to spend the entire evening in a bar/not posting any reviews if you've been invited to one of these events.

If I was attending I would 100% be reviewing not spending time at the bar and having food but I will have the food as it's on offer and I would do that once I arrive on park for press night have food then do my reviews From the mazes  what I am planning after my day after the 21st of October on the 22nd  I am going to write my review on here then repeat it by mouth through. My YouTube channel because I have not got a good memory of doing a review from the top of the head during my reviews I will give a rating of each maze as we would do. I have tried movie reviews before and I get a negative comment from saying this is not a review I do reviews in my own interpretation In the best way I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Yes I will be doing Containment and I will be insisting I pay for it too, as I want to help THE THORPE PARK RESORT whenever I can.

 

Gotta raise those funds for an all new bouncy castle for 2020!! 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Martin Doyle said:

 

Gotta raise those funds for an all new bouncy castle for 2020!! 😮

I'm pretty sure sponsorship will cover a fair bit of it.  That makes me think will we see fanta in the park this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously I'm saying this in case anyone else needs it as of course I have a super premium ultimate MAP surrounded by the weight of 400 pop badges on my lanyard that I have stolen from children, but it looks as if the 2-4-1 deals on Cadbury products etc. are valid until 13th October - I..e, the "Off peak" Fright Night dates. Can't really grumble at £27.50/each for a day on park that's going to be pretty quiet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Obviously I'm saying this in case anyone else needs it as of course I have a super premium ultimate MAP surrounded by the weight of 400 pop badges on my lanyard that I have stolen from children, but it looks as if the 2-4-1 deals on Cadbury products etc. are valid until 13th October - I..e, the "Off peak" Fright Night dates. Can't really grumble at £27.50/each for a day on park that's going to be pretty quiet.

Did u get all 7 pop badges last fright nights when it was on a daily calendar u know sanctum living nightmare Blair witch saw alive platform 15  big top and the fright nights 2018 badge I got one the day I went and I was pretty lucky to come across. it I was after the platform 15 one I did get offered by the  staff member if I wanted the rest of them as there where in her locker as she said ashame this is not happened this year. I was hoping it was going to happen again I am going to try and get the wicker witches haunt badge if it's available in megastore or the island shop if they have any in stock by the 21stbof October if they have not ran out I will go straight to the shops as soon as I arrive is the only thing I am going to remember of my favourite attraction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Platform15fan said:

Did u get all 7 pop badges last fright nights when it was on a daily calendar u know sanctum living nightmare Blair witch saw alive platform 15  big top and the fright nights 2018 badge I got one the day I went and I was pretty lucky to come across. it I was after the platform 15 one I did get offered by the  staff member if I wanted the rest of them as there where in her locker as she said ashame this is not happened this year. I was hoping it was going to happen again I am going to try and get the wicker witches haunt badge if it's available in megastore or the island shop if they have any in stock by the 21stbof October if they have not ran out I will go straight to the shops as soon as I arrive is the only thing I am going to remember of my favourite attraction.

Matt only collects Cebeebies land themed pop badges although rumor has it that he nearly has the full collection of 22.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early reviews are starting to come out for the new Creek Freak attraction, saying it's very intense and that fright nights is the best it has ever been.

 

Note: Reviews may or may not be biased as coming from staff reviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Early reviews are starting to come out for the new Creek Freak attraction, saying it's very intense and that fright nights is the best it has ever been.

 

Note: Reviews may or may not be biased as coming from staff reviews.

Where did u find this review from 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the new platform ending is actually scary. All 3 previous versions of the finale have been pretty boring imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jack said:

Hopefully the new platform ending is actually scary. All 3 previous versions of the finale have been pretty boring imo.

I have just seen a picture of an actor who is dressed as a tour guide for platform  on Instagram there not using a modern torch this year there using a hand lantern u know the one u see in the greatest showman before the circus burns down. U guys will see in videos what I mean 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glitch said:

Early reviews are starting to come out for the new Creek Freak attraction, saying it's very intense and that fright nights is the best it has ever been.

 

Note: Reviews may or may not be biased as coming from staff reviews.

Precisely, as we were told last year by almost certainly the same people that 2018 was “the best Fright Nights yet”. Look at how that ended...

 

I just hope this year the park don’t just focus purely on the scare mazes and instead look at all other areas which contribute to the event. Things such as park lightning, decorations and audio are just as important I’d say, especially for those not wishing to go in the mazes.
 

Last thing I want to see are X’s lights flashing all over the entrance bridge again... it looked ruddy awful last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Glitch said:

Early reviews are starting to come out for the new Creek Freak attraction, saying it's very intense and that fright nights is the best it has ever been.

 

Note: Reviews may or may not be biased as coming from staff reviews.

 

I mean they could be right but I remember the same people declaring the new stuff last year as outstanding because they were involved in the creative process so.... I'll wait for you guys to review it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Marhelorpe said:

I just hope this year the park don’t just focus purely on the scare mazes and instead look at all other areas which contribute to the event. Things such as park lightning, decorations and audio are just as important I’d say, especially for those not wishing to go in the mazes.

The issue with last year was precicely them not focusing on mazes. The mazes were awful and the mazes is the main part of the event. They need to focus on the mazes rather than the money involved in IPs. 

Over time the park theming for fright nights has improved alot, however thr event itself has become dramatically worse. Once again this is due to the lack in maze quality. 

2012 for instance was an unbelievable fright night year. Park themeing was awful, but mazes like Asylum and Experiment 10 MADE the event. They were INCREDIBLE.

 

They really need to focus on maze quality as 95% of people who go to the event go to get scared, which leads you to the mazes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was implying the fact last year the park were too obsessive over delivering the highest number of mazes and scare attractions more than anything, all of which were admittedly poor quality, so I take on-board what you say that maze quality can make or break the event, especially when looking at previous years.

 

To me though, there is far more to this event than just the mazes which is why I highlighted other areas such as the lighting, theming and audio and why they matter. For example of where it goes wrong, the WWTP playlist used last year did not work in my opinion one bit, Dead Creek Woods had a blinding white floodlight above it’s entrance sign so you couldn’t read the bloomin’ thing from the ground, and the placement of those stupid random RGB rainbow LED light rigs was ridiculous and so out-of-place.


And as for theming? This event has had close to zilch park and ride-wise since 2009. Before 2010, every ride was decorated properly from Hell freezing over for Inferno, a Children’s play swing for Rush or Humpty Dumpty for Detonator. The park had character back then, unlike the last 6 years of Fright Nights honestly with IPs galore shoved down your throat everywhere.

 

2007-2009 were incredible years not only for the mazes, but audio from Midnight Syndicate and Charlie Clouser coupled with proper lighting and brilliant park theming were what made those the best years of the event in my view.

 

It’s such a stark contrast to what we have today I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mark9 said:

 

I mean they could be right but I remember the same people declaring the new stuff last year as outstanding because they were involved in the creative process so.... I'll wait for you guys to review it.

 

Indeed.

Just remember that, somewhere, someone - or many people with Merlin - signed off Vulcan Peak as a passable attraction both at conception stage and then once it opened.

 

Might try and stay away from Freaky Creaky spoilers - the whole ImMErSIVe experience has been ruined already as it was leaked that the chainsaw on the sign outside spins round.

 

On a positive note for FNs 2018 - I thought the roaming clowns that suddenly swarmed around people were good last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack said:

Press night is tonight right? 

Yes it is and wait and see for platform they are not using modern torches anymore for the tour guide there using lanterns I can't wait to watch jack Silkstones vid tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...