TPC

Fright Nights 2019 - General Discussion

2 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Just remember that, somewhere, someone - or many people with Merlin - signed off Vulcan Peak as a passable attraction both at conception stage and then once it opened.

First thing that went through my mind last year when I got out of that abomination was “whoever designed and signed off on this should be fired on the spot” that’s how bad I found it!!

In regards to park wide theming and audio, yes that was a massive part of why I enjoyed the event in its early years. However, the event has loads to do on its road to improvement and the most important aspect of these events IS the mazes. Once they get the mazes right then they should move onto parkwide atmosphere.

12 minutes ago, Martin Doyle said:

First thing that went through my mind last year when I got out of that abomination was “whoever designed and signed off on this should be fired on the spot” that’s how bad I found it!!

In regards to park wide theming and audio, yes that was a massive part of why I enjoyed the event in its early years. However, the event has loads to do on its road to improvement and the most important aspect of these events IS the mazes. Once they get the mazes right then they should move onto parkwide atmosphere.

I need Vulcan peak not mentioned as I am in Blair queue I will be thinking about it as it was this time last year it was next door where jungle escape is in general as I said the maze was bad as we all have said but the audio outside the attraction I found really good even that u could hear. it in the intro scene for Blair all I need to do is not think of it plus I wonder if Blair is going to be using the jungle escape queue is going to be used as the extension queue for Blair that's what I am thinking.

3 hours ago, Marhelorpe said:

I was implying the fact last year the park were too obsessive over delivering the highest number of mazes and scare attractions more than anything, all of which were admittedly poor quality, so I take on-board what you say that maze quality can make or break the event, especially when looking at previous years.

To me though, there is far more to this event than just the mazes which is why I highlighted other areas such as the lighting, theming and audio and why they matter. For example of where it goes wrong, the WWTP playlist used last year did not work in my opinion one bit, Dead Creek Woods had a blinding white floodlight above it’s entrance sign so you couldn’t read the bloomin’ thing from the ground, and the placement of those stupid random RGB rainbow LED light rigs was ridiculous and so out-of-place.

And as for theming? This event has had close to zilch park and ride-wise since 2009. Before 2010, every ride was decorated properly from Hell freezing over for Inferno, a Children’s play swing for Rush or Humpty Dumpty for Detonator. The park had character back then, unlike the last 6 years of Fright Nights honestly with IPs galore shoved down your throat everywhere.

2007-2009 were incredible years not only for the mazes, but audio from Midnight Syndicate and Charlie Clouser coupled with proper lighting and brilliant park theming were what made those the best years of the event in my view.

It’s such a stark contrast to what we have today I think.

Ye I agree, but what can I say. Thorpe park has become lazy over the past 6 years. The park is going to **** tbh, 2012 was the last new rollercoaster. They need to pull their finger out and work harder, they have been batheing in the IP money and forgotten about us.

I have heard about blair already set and design is amazing and lighting I can not wait I think we should all give support for the cast and creative team behind the mazes this year they have worked on the mazes really well this year on the out door mazes this year with the quality I am going to support the outdoor mazes every year.

1 minute ago, Platform15fan said:

I have heard about blair already set and design is amazing and lighting I can not wait I think we should all give support for the cast and creative team behind the mazes this year they have worked on the mazes really well this year on the out door mazes this year with the quality I am going to support the outdoor mazes every year.

Why though, the tent mazes back in the day were so much better than all these outdoor mazes.

37 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Why though, the tent mazes back in the day were so much better than all these outdoor mazes.

Well it is my 2nd year I have not experienced it back then when the tent ones where around back then lastly it is my opinion and your opinion but I do agree my mate went in 2010 and he said that year was amazing he showed me pictures from his iPhone 3G that he owns still.

1 hour ago, Platform15fan said:

I mean I wouldn't start jumping the gun just yet. You haven't seen them yet? For all we know do or die will have black walls again, does that mean it's set and design is amazing? Surely  anyone can do that. 

1 hour ago, Platform15fan said:

Well it is my 2nd year I have not experienced it back then when the tent ones where around back then lastly it is my opinion and your opinion but I do agree my mate went in 2010 and he said that year was amazing he showed me pictures from his iPhone 3G that he owns still.

Would the maze have been worse if the photos were taken with a camera that could produce more pixels?

8 minutes ago, ProudToServe said:

I mean I wouldn't start jumping the gun just yet. You haven't seen them yet? For all we know do or die will have black walls again, does that mean it's set and design is amazing? Surely  anyone can do that. 

Would the maze have been worse if the photos were taken with a camera that could produce more pixels?

Yea but he still HAS the 3G, so that’s big news. 

7 minutes ago, ProudToServe said:

I have only heard about blair but not do or die and yes my mate only showed me the outside of the mazes not the inside but I could see the curse was in a tent as well as the other one and very true the pixels where very very bad I used to own the 3Gs in the day and yet again do or die is going to have black walls we will see tomorrow when we watch the videos.

I have a question will the fast track kiosk in the jungle next to inferno shop do solo fast tracks I was about to go there for a solo for Blair witch but I was not very sure about it I have looked on the fast tracks now online I was going to get round to asking this in gone forum I have emailed the resort aswell because I will want a solo for Blair this year. 

2 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Why not leave the videos for after your trip so that you get the full immersion.

Ok I will try not to when it leaves me in excitement even when I watched the videos I still got impact scare anyway on each corner.

12 minutes ago, Platform15fan said:

yet again do or die is going to have black walls we will see tomorrow when we watch the videos.

Is going too? We don't need to wait till tomorrow to see the videos, if you know already?

16 minutes ago, ProudToServe said:

Is going too? We don't need to wait till tomorrow to see the videos, if you know already?

I only know about blair to be honest as I know an actor from that maze and 2 from do or die and one from platform 

I really dislike the way people take artificial lights into the mazes when filming.  Surely that completely ruins the experience they're trying to create as well as revealing too much?

8 minutes ago, Coaster said:

I really dislike the way people take artificial lights into the mazes when filming.  Surely that completely ruins the experience they're trying to create as well as revealing too much?

It is what it is.

I think it first occurred as a result of getting the proper YT influencers into the park who generate 100,000's of views and then the enthusiast groups followed.

I think that's what also used to be so good about the tent mazes back in the day, there was no footage whatsoever other than the small bits of marketing the park released creating real suspense around the attractions.

In fairness, you don't have to watch any of the videos released. However, I do agree about how artificial light in these things detracts from the experience.

On a more mod-like note, as people have experienced the mazes spoilers will no doubt come out soon. Please do not post or discuss spoilers here - a spoiler thread is set up for that.

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

On a more mod-like note, as people have experienced the mazes spoilers will no doubt come out soon. Please do not post or discuss spoilers here - a spoiler thread is set up for that.

You know people will do that anyways unfortunately....