Ride Accidents

pluk

Rush had a random piece of metal fall off. I was looking forward to it as rush this season has been rather bad, especially swing B. I'm sure maxair can make up for it. Also despite sounding really harsh I doubt the people injured were injured severally and there is millions more people having a worse time than they are. 

Rush had a random piece of metal fall off. I was looking forward to it as rush this season has been rather bad, especially swing B. I'm sure maxair can make up for it. Also despite sounding really harsh I doubt the people injured were injured severally and there is millions more people having a worse time than they are. 

Oh no of course, the cable just hit a rider allegedly albeit with no major injury (so pretty similar sounding to the Rush accident in the day) whilst another was taken to hospital after the cable hit a fence, and smashed a piece of wood into her face. But yeah, nobody severely injured and many more people having a worse time than they are; especially those who are pissed because they can't go on a ride. But you know, I'm sure the young girl with cuts and bruises to her face, and probably a little traumatised and stressed out is deeply sorry for this causing you disappointment.

... It's called respect.

Thats not how I meant it at all I dont really mind if the ride is closed. What I meant is that yes someone may have been hit by some wood and has some cuts and bruises but that is 1 person who was treated and will most likely get compensation. Compared to the millions of people straving to death, people being blown up, living in a dictatorship ect. When you look at the bigger picture they are tiny and yet the media will continue to focus on them. I was merley trying to point out the broken world in which we live in but I can see that my statement was interpreted in the wrong way, as usual.

Thats not how I meant it at all I dont really mind if the ride is closed. What I meant is that yes someone may have been hit by some wood and has some cuts and bruises but that is 1 person who was treated and will most likely get compensation. Compared to the millions of people straving to death, people being blown up, living in a dictatorship ect. When you look at the bigger picture they are tiny and yet the media will continue to focus on them. I was merley trying to point out the broken world in which we live in but I can see that my statement was interpreted in the wrong way, as usual.

Good point. Maybe you should consider that when you aren't able to achieve more then 35 rides at a Thorpe Park Summer nights event.

Probably the most grim thing you'll read for a while...

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/bhopal/Minor-girl-tears-scalp-in-a-freak-Ferris-wheel-accident/articleshow/39277478.cms

I'm sure I remember a similar thing happening to a girl with freakishly long hair at either Thorpe or Chessington once, would have been 20 or 25 years ago. Might have been on Flying Fish but I can't remember. Anyone recall that?

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like some sort of mimic of a Ferris wheel with free spinning cars by the looks of it. Looks pretty unsafe though so not surprised by the accident.

EDIT: I found the website for it, it's made by a ride company called wisdom rides which I've never heard of: http://www.wisdomrides.com/viewnew/33 They make several other rides which are pretty 'unique' let's say...

http://www.thelocal.de/20140815/child-dies-on-amusement-park-ride

Strangely very little info on this barrel ride accident at Holiday Park Germany, but 'paramedics found the girl's body to be so badly mangled that they could only tell that the victim had died and was female'. Not clear if she was riding and was either ejected or her carriage broke free, or if she entered the ride area from off ride.

Edit, google translated..

according to initial findings on a platform of "Spinning Barrels" (to German: rotating barrels) 
like. It hurt, inter alia, on the head. Evidence of a defect of the carousel there was not first. According to Attorney Kai Hempelmann the TÜV has already examined the ride. "Until now, there are no results." ... said it was unlikely that the accident had a structural cause.

So sounds like she ended up in the ride area when she shouldn't have been somehow, rather than being an actual rider at the time. 

• 3 weeks later...

Some stuff...

USA - Man falls though ride platform of Tilt-a-Whirl, minor injuries.

USA - Kid falls from star flyer, breaks wrist. It had only risen 10ft at the time, thankfully.

USA - 2 kids fall from Ferris Wheel, critically injured. Somehow the carriages seem to have caught on each other, tipping occupants out.

TURKEY - Boy falls from ride, killed. Appears his harness failed on what looks to me like an Intamin Gyro like Maelstrom, or knock off. Anyone know?

USA - Man rides defective water slide, smashes feet and legs to pieces. With no water at the bottom to slow him hits end of slide hard. Ouch.

USA - 2 teens fall from Divebomber type ride, one seriously injured. Seems the ride op 'didn't shut the ride door', if they are like the UK versions the door is the restraint.

I'd imagine the wood is in front of concrete; the slide is not made of wood.

Elsewhere, an 8 year old has been killed after being thrown from this new odd inverted mega bounce type thing...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2753009/Teen-critical-SA-ride-fall.html

Seems she slipped from behind a closed restraint, so either she was too small or the ride has a rather serious design fault.

Anyone know the manufacturer is?

• 3 weeks later...