X

Garyy

No...

It's an indoor roller-coaster, let's not put X in the same ride type as the likes of Tower of Terror and Spiderman...

Apparently somebody doesn't know the difference between a dark ride and ride type.

Dark Ride - A ride in the dark/dimly lit enclosed area,

Ride Type - Ride specific information for example Intamin Rocket Coaster.

Conclusion, your argument that Tower Of Terror and Spiderman are the same 'ride type' is invalid. Neither are the same, one of which isn't solely in the dark unless you ride at night. 

I do agree that X isn't technically a dark ride, but an indoor coaster though.

Apparently somebody doesn't know the difference between a dark ride and ride type.

Dark Ride - A ride in the dark/dimly lit enclosed area,

Ride Type - Ride specific information for example Intamin Rocket Coaster.

Conclusion, your argument that Tower Of Terror and Spiderman are the same 'ride type' is invalid. Neither are the same, one of which isn't solely in the dark unless you ride at night. 

I do agree that X isn't technically a dark ride, but an indoor coaster though.

Wow, much pedant...

The term "Dark Ride" in itself is a "Ride Type", in the same way that we have "Roller-Coaster", "Flat Ride" and "Water Ride"... Of course there are sub-types of each, but we are trying to talk basic terminology here because someone thought X was a dark ride...

Yeah, makes perfect sense now. Whereas (say) Spiderman has excellent theming and technology and is jam-packed with amazing special effects, X on the other hand is just a complete mess of concrete, metal and rust...with lights.

I'm not so sure comparing one of the most advance rides in the world to X is a fair comparison ;)

There's Dark rides, then there are Dark rides.

Dark rides are simply rides in the dark. They can be anything really, I mean this covers anything from sub terra to spiderman, to X to the temple of the nighthawk etc.

Then there are Dark rides. These are the simulator guided tracked tour rides you see at universal. They can be anything really, but they tend to take you on a fictional journey, rather then just a physical one.

It's like saw and saw, you have 2 meanings for the same word. I saw a saw that was sawing when I saw it. The dark ride was in the dark so the dark ride was a dark ride. 

Usefulless input for the day, check.

To me, dark rides convey narratives in a (mostly) enclosed setting, where the majority of light is artificial. 

For example, I consider Revenge of the Mummy a dark ride, even though it's a roller coaster. Whereas I don't consider things like Expedition Everest a dark ride, because even though there's a strong theme/narrative there, most of the ride path is naturally lit by the sun.

I'm pretty sure that's why dark rides are called "dark rides", because no matter how brightly or dimly lit the ride is, it's all artificial and would be dark otherwise. 

That's just my opinion anyway :P X isn't a dark ride because let's face it, there just isn't a clear narrative that the ride interacts with.

In theoryX is a dark ride as its a ride enclosed in the dark (aside from lighting there) and only those riding it can see what's happening.

One could argue though that it is just an indoor ride in the way it's enclosed in a metal warehouse and doesn't include much (if any) theming (not that it needs it really).

Rides such as Scarab Bouncers are definitely not dark rides because thhohgh they are undercover, the experience is exposed to the passing guests and is clearly just an indoor ride.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if X's music playlist will see significant change like it did at the start of the 2014 season??

There's nothing to suggest anything either way at the moment - though I'd expect they will give it a bit of an update / add more songs to it.  After all, they do a similar thing with the Amity loop!