X

Garyy

Personally I think x would work so much better with a relocated entrance and exit at the rear of the building. The exit platform has an exit by Colossus and the station backs onto the back wall of the building now horror maze aside if you look at the maintainance cost of the current queue line and how long and dysfunctional it actually is could give the ride a new lease of life

This could make sense and one way to use the X pyramid if they ever did get rid of he ride in the next year or 2 host ministry of sound nights in there and turn it into a proper rave pyramid just a little thing I've thought up DO NOT SHOOT ME DOWN. (Mods might get abit antsy)

Apparently it was supposed to leave last year for the dark ride and it was going to be bigger, but they couldn't get it sold.

Step 1:  Post an old rumour for last year, add "I had this idea myself" to it to make it sounds like an original idea for the future.

Step 2:  Post a contradictory rumour for last year, which is utter rubbish.

Step 3:  ???

Step 4:  Profit.

I'm confused. So X was being sold to make room for the dark ride but last minute they couldn't sell it so completely redid the whole dark ride plans when it was long down the development line (because dark rides take a LONG time to come up with). But before this they were going to strip it out and make it an indoor rave place for MoS? So dark ride scraped that idea and some park not wanting to buy X scraped the idea of dark ride going there? Yes? So now the dark ride is being built happily where it was always planned to be and X hasn't been sold it is staying? Or is it only staying till they move Rameses from Chessington and want to put it inside? Because the guy at Inferno's fastrack entrance on 31st June told me that's what's happening :)

Apparently it was supposed to leave last year for the dark ride and it was going to be bigger, but they couldn't get it sold.

I'm an OP, and I have never heard this. Seriously don't believe a word any of us say... we are all compulsive liars. Even if we did know about it being removed we would not be at liberty to say without risk of a hefty disciplinary or firing (and we don't get told as much about future developments as you would think). When it comes to the majority of insider sources you will find that the staff member is spouting total bull to try and sound important or is just plain messing with you because its fun to watch things like that spread.

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently there is now a rule on X which means that people have to sit in pairs.  I've seen a few disgruntled groups of three/single riders posting on Thorpe's Facebook page and I have to say I agree with them, it's a ridiculous rule.

How many years has X been running without this stupid rule?  And as far as I know there haven't been any incidents.

This is true, the four of us had to be split up at the end of the Summer holidays. Completely unrelated, but I get a ride access pass, and I hated the disabled queue as it was small, hot and stuffy. I couldn't breathe, and I think it was just about enough to give me claustrophobia. Too many people in a room smaller than the walking space in my bedroom before it was tidied. And I had no walking space in my bedroom.

So apparently there is now a rule on X which means that people have to sit in pairs.  I've seen a few disgruntled groups of three/single riders posting on Thorpe's Facebook page and I have to say I agree with them, it's a ridiculous rule.

How many years has X been running without this stupid rule?  And as far as I know there haven't been any incidents.

I think the key words there are "As far as I know" - There's obviously going to be a reason behind it. 

When I've visited during summer nights, this rule wasn't in place for those with a ride access pass. We didn't have my brother's writband checked or anything. And when I went most recently (23rd August, was that a summer nights date?) My brother took his two twin friends, our dad, their dad and me into the ride through that queue. This was probably more than the pass allowed (my dad was moaning about it too), but it was so busy and the staff member just doesn't get the opportunity to check the wristband or write a time on the pass! There was no order in there on that day, it was a matter of 'There's an empty gate, quick, run to it before someone else gets it!'