Vampire

RCT (3 at least) had no such thing. You could run the option of making the wheels low friction but otherwise weights of trains did not effect the speed of the train.

RCT3 was crap though...

The first 2 were a LOT more 'realistic' when it came to making the trains heavier with an extra car or two...

The track layout has always been the same, the only modifications were to cut some chunks out of the supports to clear the new trains.

The new trains have a smaller swing to them because their centre of gravity is a lot higher up than the old trains, as a result they don't get thrown around as much on the corners. Except for that last bend through the tunnel! So the ride's intensity definitely reduced.

The cave was also shortened to clear the new trains.

The old tunnel was so awesome. It's always been the biggest disappointment for me of the re-vamp (excuse the pun). The old tunnel seemed to be so much darker and surrounded by rocks.

Whilst they might not be able to remedy the tunnel, I wish they could sort out the station brakes one year. Watching the train hobble down the length of the station is frustrating.

Thanks guys for the info... In my old age it appears my memory is not what it used to be... I liked the old bat style carriages as it helped with the themeing. I have to say does seem slower and more gentle with the swaying when going around corners. It could just be me having got used to more adventurous coasters that are currently around.

Had not realised the tunnel had been made shorter....

Still, the new trains are doing us a massive favour tbh! Whilst the old trains would literally CLATTER along the track, the new Vekoma ones just produce a pretty satisfying (and quieter) roar! However they need to sort out the trains at some point to possibly bring back the bat theme (even though there's possibly a difference between the two trains: with the old trains, your RIDING the bat...with the new trains, you ARE the bat!) :)

• 2 months later...

Good to see the organist working in the station when we went yesterday - looked really good too with the lights surrounding him in my opinion :)

The queue line is pretty poor in parts - please please please remove that dodgy looking Abdab model...! I would hate to be in the Vampire queue on a 60 minute wait time - actually, I hate to be in any queue for more than 10 minutes if I can help it - off peak visiting ftw!

So I visited yesterday and took advantage of the time spent in the Vampire station to observe the batching to see if it was as poorly run as I'd heard... It is. The staff just seem to generally be quite slow and the trains stacked quite a lot, I think the train was being held in the pre-station part for a good couple of minutes. However when I went on we pretty much went straight through to the station and as we were going up the lifthill my mum spotted the other train was just going into the pre-station bit.

Whilst I was in the outdoor queue I genuinely thought it was on one train, I had to ask the batcher!

The batcher in the station was awful last week.  She actually split my group up to fill an empty seat (as there were 3 of us).  How about get a Single Rider Queue!!

Someone correct me if I've missed the point but there are only pods of 2 seats on Vampire anyway... So you would have been split up regardless - why make another empty seat by putting the 3rd person in their own pod when you can fill a single seat and help move things a bit quicker. So unless I've missed the point, the batcher did their job correctly and efficiently...

Someone correct me if I've missed the point but there are only pods of 2 seats on Vampire anyway... So you would have been split up regardless - why make another empty seat by putting the 3rd person in their own pod when you can fill a single seat and help move things a bit quicker. So unless I've missed the point, the batcher did their job correctly and efficiently...

Yes, but she put two of us in the back row and one in row 2 which is not on.  I am all for filling empty seats, but not by splitting up groups.

(SRQ hint hint Chessie!)