Tidal Wave

Harry

I went on it once, it was great, but jesus christ it was WET. When I say, wet. I mean it. Never EVER again would I go back on it.Although, I would rethink my opinions if it was a super hot day, or more importantly, if the effects came back. Never seen it with fully working effects, and would love to have a look.

Just invest in a £5 TP poncho lol I hate getting wet especially when its cold but I still love the ride so bought one of these that just sits in the boot of my car for when I go next time!

They're only cheapy ones, I wouldn't expect them to last a season! ;)

Cheap.... oh no they are not we paid £5-£6 for them and they lasted a few week before ripping. We got some cheap 99p ones when down in Cornwall they lasted 2 seasons. But it isn't in Merlins interest for these to last as you just buy more.

But there is a loop hole, as long as they have not changed the design, if yours is ripped, you buy a new one, then go on tidal wave then go back to the shop and say it has torn, hand them the old one and they give you a brand new one.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheap.... oh no they are not we paid £5-£6 for them and they lasted a few week before ripping. We got some cheap 99p ones when down in Cornwall they lasted 2 seasons. But it isn't in Merlins interest for these to last as you just buy more. But there is a loop hole, as long as they have not changed the design, if yours is ripped, you buy a new one, then go on tidal wave then go back to the shop and say it has torn, hand them the old one and they give you a brand new one.

The quality of the merlin ponchos has reduced dramatically I have still in use an orange Alton towers poncho from around 1999 2000 time it was Definatley made to last as is a blue towers one I have from about 2006.