Tidal Wave

Harry

If I were going to guess I'd say that would be the last point of no return for stopping a boat, so if the ride thinks the boat in front hasn't cleared the run off (whether it actual hasn't cleared it or a sensor error makes it think that's the case) or the water level is out it'll stop to avoid a collision or dangerous drop. Once it goes over that lip there ain't no stopping it till it hits something, and that really has to be a pool of water!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Doing some research for a project at college I came across this image.

thorpe-park__tidal-wave__356.jpg?w=700

Following the link took me to this page:

http://www.artem.com/portfolio/552

This company produced the gasometer, water tank and the church steeple. Some decent images of both effects in use and the creation/installation of them.

Excuse me for going slightly of the Tidal Wave topic here, but the whole portfolio is worth a look as they've done many notable projects such as the props used in the opening ceremony, Brian the Confused. com robot and a replica rig that tilts Air's seats for the TV advert. Definitely worth a look!

What a find, nice one! I'm certain I've ever seen that before. That company looks pretty amazing really.

I wonder if they and others are still considered for new projects or if they try and keep it completely in house with Merlin Studios, who seem to make a fairly successful line in things that don't work often or for long.

I honestly love Tidal Wave because it is simply one of the best and wettest rides ever! I also find the queues are normally at 0 minutes which is an extra. I wish Chessington could do a ride like that, even though they have no money!

The wettest and best I take it you not ridden Valhalla at Blackpool pleasure beach then the got to the the best water ride in the uk when it's all working that is

• 2 weeks later...