Tidal Wave

Harry

Just two random and pointless questions that came to me yesterday. Is the water just filtered water from the lakes, and, is there a maintenance depot to maintain the boats? If so, where is it? I've never seen it.

No the water is contained and filter all the time that's why it's clear and there is it's not a room like the most when you just latch on to the chain there a little pulley system that area is where they service

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Tidal wave closed about 5 yesterday and hasn't yet opened today. It's a shame and well strange that when it's hot and there's high demand for it, it always seems to break down but during the first couple of months and on fright nights it's fine. I guess it's just used a lot more?

In the summer it often ends up on 2 or 3 train operation whilst the rest of the year it is on 1. So it is working a lot harder, also when its hotter more stuff is likely to go wrong as components are working out of the conditions they have been in for the other 10 months of the year. Its a relatively simple ride in design so it shouldn't take too long to fix.

In the summer it often ends up on 2 or 3 train operation whilst the rest of the year it is on 1.

I didn't know they could take 2 boats off? Every time I've been this year it's been on 2 trains and didn't know they could actually take 2 boats off at once, only ever thought there was room for 1?

Hopefully it will be back soon, this is the sort of time it's great. Normally on days like this every time I walk past it I cool down in the splash zone

Am I the only person who thinks that some of the boats on Tidal Wave should be covered like at Duinrell in Holland? I'm sure it would be popular as the British Weather is always changing. I don't know how many boats there is in total, but 2/4 could be covered. So on a hot day 2/3 boats can be uncovered, on a hot day 2/3 boats could be covered. You could use the part of the unused queue next to the fastrack entrance for a second queue line and you can keep the queue divided "normal" and "dry"!

Am I the only person who thinks that some of the boats on Tidal Wave should be covered like at Duinrell in Holland? I'm sure it would be popular as the British Weather is always changing. I don't know how many boats there is in total, but 2/4 could be covered. So on a hot day 2/3 boats can be uncovered, on a hot day 2/3 boats could be covered. You could use the part of the unused queue next to the fastrack entrance for a second queue line and you can keep the queue divided "normal" and "dry"!

No.

If you don't wanna get wet, don't go on a water ride surely

Me and FrightNights04 rode it as our final ride today and it was JOKES. Been a while since I last rode it and first time I've faced the wave without ducking into a little ball. 

Yep it's up and running alright.

(On the way home I took the train, and the person who took my seat after me gave me evils for leaving a puddle :3)

• 4 weeks later...

You know what Toby...whilst everyone else has slated your thoughts about a covered boat...that really would work...as you say the British Weather is very unpredictable, and many a time in the winter there is literally NO QUEUE for it and I am sure people would live to ride (what is in effect then a large water slide without the fear of getting wet). 

There are many many many many people who refuse to go on the ride simply because they will get too wet, leaving a normal group dissapointed as one or two wish to go on whilst the rest do not. I actually really like this idea...going against the general consensus but hay, most on here are not what the 'average' guest actually want...whilst although they would be defunct in Summer (which is literally 10% worth of the Theme Park Season) they would be excellent for times like Fright Night and early March. 

I agree there could be a split in the queue...I would probably suggest only one boat that is covered and the other two or one open. It would be a good trial at little expense...Thorpe could even have a Fastrack option 'wet' or 'dry' Tidal Wave. 

Just think how many more people would go on if they knew they could stay dry...I know you guys are saying..."Don't go on a wet ride, blah blah blah"...A LOT of people like water rides...but hate getting wet...(I know its hard for some of you to understand) but its true!!! It gives the opportunity for the little child who wants to go on the BIG WATER RIDE with parents who really do not want to get wet...its an excellent compromise!  

You know what Toby...whilst everyone else has slated your thoughts about a covered boat...that really would work...as you say the British Weather is very unpredictable, and many a time in the winter there is literally NO QUEUE for it and I am sure people would live to ride (what is in effect then a large water slide without the fear of getting wet). 

There are many many many many people who refuse to go on the ride simply because they will get too wet, leaving a normal group dissapointed as one or two wish to go on whilst the rest do not. I actually really like this idea...going against the general consensus but hay, most on here are not what the 'average' guest actually want...whilst although they would be defunct in Summer (which is literally 10% worth of the Theme Park Season) they would be excellent for times like Fright Night and early March. 

I agree there could be a split in the queue...I would probably suggest only one boat that is covered and the other two or one open. It would be a good trial at little expense...Thorpe could even have a Fastrack option 'wet' or 'dry' Tidal Wave. 

Just think how many more people would go on if they knew they could stay dry...I know you guys are saying..."Don't go on a wet ride, blah blah blah"...A LOT of people like water rides...but hate getting wet...(I know its hard for some of you to understand) but its true!!! It gives the opportunity for the little child who wants to go on the BIG WATER RIDE with parents who really do not want to get wet...its an excellent compromise!  

The trouble is, all Tidal Wave does is go down a hill and get you soaked.  There is nothing else to the ride, therefore I think that it would be pointless to have a covered boat as the only point of the ride is to soak you. 

On days where there is no queue, people who don't want to ride could easily wait a few minutes for other people to ride.  On days with a long queue, everyone will probably want to ride it as the weather is most likely boiling!