Rant

Theme Park bloke

All of these types are still a con.

No they are not.

'Use by' is essential food safety advice. Some rather innocuous seeming foodstuffs can do really nasty things when they are off, and often you would have no way of knowing (smell, taste, appearance) that they were harmful. There will always be a margin of error built in, but that is for good reason!

'Best before' could be seen as a con, but the problem is people's lack of understanding and sense with it, not the dates themselves being on there. It is just advice for best quality, a lot of it will be fine years 'out of date', just not quite as tasty.

Well in order to prevent being 'conned' by these evil food companies I tend to buy food that'll be in date...

That and freezable foods... Tends to work well that concept...

I agree!

I'm still eating some caramalised onion chutney from 2-3 months ago and we still have bread, bread rolls, meat and soups that are frozen and we'll defrost when we need.

Something we buy is Smoked Salmon and places like Sainsburys and Waitrose will sometimes do deals or % off and we'll stock up and freeze. Those concepts generally work. :closedeyes:

What a ridiculous 'adult' you are, please take yourself and your petty, ignorant views somewhere else.

Says the bloke moron who has a childish cartoon penguin as his avatar.

Well that was......hilarious! Let me tell you a joke....no, wait..... you might not understand it <<<< sense of humour bypass >>>>>

I'll tell you a joke. You.

205236.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm so one of the blood tests I had recently wasn't done properly because there wasn't a sample for one of them...which is helpful!

Basically, I've had a load of blood tests recently due to this "dodgy stomach" I've had on and off for about 2 years. I shall spare the details but let's just say, it's not coming out of my mouth! :ph34r: When it started I had loads of bloods done and they were fine but seeing as it's flared up badly of recent, I decided to get it looked into again. Had the inflammatory markers and celiac ones on Tuesday, phoned today as advised for results. Celiac ones aren't back (they take longer) but inflammatory ones are and consist of 2 things: C-Reactive protein and ESR. The former one is fine but they had no sample for ESR.

Now, it said on the form that they needed 2 tubes worth for the inflammatory test, one purple top and one gold top (one for c-reactive protein, one for ESR). When I was having the test I did notice that she only took 2 tubes when there should have been 3 in total, but I didn't say anything because I really didn't think a phlebotomist could get a blood test wrong and I trusted her. But it turns out I was right to have doubt!

I know it's not the end of the world, but it's really not what you expect to happen. I could get the test done again but I'd feel awkward about a mistake being made and telling them. Which is silly I know as it's important and it's their fault, not mine, and needs to be addressed. It just bugs me that these professionals can make such mistakes and leave people in these situations! I know everyone makes mistakes but when it comes to health you can't afford to, plus they were clear instructions.